A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: looking for a cool "Espionage/Spy" effect

looking for a cool "Espionage/Spy" effect

Hi,

I'm creating a site that has a espionage/spy theme and I'm trying to convey that idea by using some flash effects. So far all I've come up with are film grains and some jittery looking text. Anyone else have any ideas or know of any sites that have this look and feel?

Thanks!!

you can rip off the James Bond thing and mask a transparent circle with a black background and have a stationary object in the background while the masked circle moves around the screen until it focuses on the object you want to focus on (possibly a logo of some kind just sio you're not totally ripping off Bond)...Don't know if it's what you're looking for, it was just a quick idea.

Its a coole idea, but doesn't really fit with my theme. In my site the spies are "bad guys". And bond is a good guy.

spies are always "the bad guys" for the enemy. maybe u can use the 'double cross' idea for your theme? or things that bad spies always go for (eg. nuke, money..etc)

Less than Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by YAGOTMILK
    Hi,

I'm creating a site that has a espionage/spy theme and I'm trying to convey that idea by using some flash effects. So far all I've come up with are film grains and some jittery looking text. Anyone else have any ideas or know of any sites that have this look and feel?

Thanks!!
    Gadgets. Lots of gadgets.

One of the recurrent themes in Bond movies is how he uses cunning and props in his immediate environment to outwit villains with superior resources. It's not all about gadgets (although he has them as well of course). So some kind of theme where the nimble little guy outwits the big powerful bully might be more subtle...

G

I did an animation with a Mission Impossible theme. I used a graphic box made of lines that looked like a camera viewer. I added extra lines and a target in the middle to enhance the feel. This box could zoom in and out to either get it out of the way or to focus on an image, then a black shutter with a camera shutter sound would flash by, kind of like an exclamation point, emphasizing that image.

A second idea. When you have text come up on the screen make it transparent. Have an eye dropper drop some nearly transparent liquid on the screen causing the text to gradually appear. Use a mask, with a texture, to make the appearance of the text be resemble paint soaking into paper.

Here's another one. The text comes up in coded form. Have some kind of mechanical clicking sound going, have different sets of letters change, kind of like the alphabet reeling by on each letter, and have them eventually resolve into the readable text. Text decoding. Don't make this last too long though, it will get boring.

This way In
    If the whole site is in flash then you could give the user a bond-like gadget for navigation purposes. If this is an interactive animation then the gadget/navtool could be used to solve puzzles - a magnifying glass perhaps, a message decoder or a camera as has been suggested.
    Good lord, it's been a while

better than chuck norris
    i would go artsy. total black and white w/ grey background. good guy white. bad guys black and slick.

only other colors? red for blood. and maybe a rose. that would win some design awards.

I don't know if it's helpfull or not.
    But i did a quick concept for a into movie for example.
    Maybe it will give you some inspiration:
    Spy Concept

As said earlier, what to use in the site kind of depends on wich approach you're taking.
    Are you making a plain movie, a site with information about real spies / espionage, a interactive movie / game?
    Last edited by MarcD; 11-11-2005 at 09:15 PM.

yo
    make the mouse like a crosshair, like in golden eye