A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: No Sound?

Hybrid View

No Sound?

Hi, I'm using the new Flash 8 Video Encoder for the first time... I was able to create FLV from it, but the sound doesn't work on .mpg files. Everything works fine on .mov files... Just wondering if anyone has had this problem before and what they did to fix it.

Thanks
    Last edited by sjcallan; 11-02-2005 at 01:11 AM.

Hi sjcallan,

What version of mpeg did you use? What editor did you use? And what OS are you on? I use .mpg files all the time in Flix Pro and have no problems with audio. If you wanted to downlaod the demo I could probably help you out better. http://www.on2.com

Bolt
    My Flash Video Blog
    Get Flix Pro here (My starving college sister's affiliate link)

Thanks for responding,
    I'm on MAC OS 10 Panther and I'm not sure what version MPG they are, they came directly from my client.

It's very wierd though... the files play fine as MPGs, I can convert them to MOV files in Quicktime, they still work fine, but when I process them through Flash to make FLV, whether through the stand alone Converter or Flash 8 itself, in FLV format 7 or 8, they always come out without sound.

I'm starting to think it may be the files themselves, not Flash, becuase I've been able to convert dozens more without any problems, it's just these handfules.

I don't know, just curious if any one had seen this before.

Thanks again.

sjcallan,

Contact flixsupport@on2.com, I remember hearing one of the support guys mention something about mpeg1 audio not being able to import on the mac, even with the qt codec from apple. I don't have a mac though so I won't be able to help you too much. We did just release Flix Pro and Flix Exporter for Mac demos. You could try them but I think it might be an import problem.

Bolt
    My Flash Video Blog
    Get Flix Pro here (My starving college sister's affiliate link)