A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: URL hyperlink problem

URL hyperlink problem

Ok, here is the scoop.....I have a news section on my site that is a box of text with a scroller. I have recently decided to add some url links to websites that I am referencing to in my news. My text is a basic Helvetica font and I am using various tracking on certain headings and such. My first instinct was to highlight the url in my block of text and then use the URL hyperlink property in the property palette.......and when I test it, it does work, and it links properly, the problem is that the text loses all the tracking I put in....(in the fla file, the text still looks right, but it's when the swf file is tested the text apperance is different)......does anyone have any suggestions to get around this problem??? Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Use static text instead of dynamic text and it should work fine.

but, I am using Static Text......Dynamic text will not allow you to use the tracking feature.

The hyperlink will remove the tracking. A simple, yet not quite elegant solution is to place an invisible button on top of your text which contains the link.