A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Mac keyboard issue

Mac keyboard issue

So i have this problem with my keyboard/flash player.

My keyboard works fine in all applications. Even when i play Unreal Tournament, everything works perfect.

When i try to play a flash game, the keyboard doesnt respond at all, only happens when i try to play a flash based game. So it sounds like a flash player issue. I uninstalled flash player and reinstalled it several times, tried it in multiple browsers, still nothing. I dont think its a hardware issue since the keyboard works fine in every application.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Mac OSX 10.3.9, basic apple usb keyboard

Hey,

You should try creating a test user on the computer and play a game in flash player there. If it works that would explain why reinstalling flash didnt work, cause the issue is with the .plist. If that was the case then you would have to trash the 'macromedia' folder in hardrive/users/your user/library/preferences.

You could also run a force check on the software. Bootup holding apple key and S key, you will get a black screen with text and the last line will be 'localhost/root' Once that line appears, type: fsck -fy and then hit return.(there is only a space before the '-' not after it).

Let me know if you try that and what happens and i can give you more steps
    I make my living troubleshooting macs and every type of issue in the world.