A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Dynamic images uploading into Flash? HOW TO???

Dynamic images uploading into Flash? HOW TO???

I am trying to build an application in Flash where a user can click on a button "UPLOAD IMAGE" and Flash will browse through the users hard drive and the user can select a jpg file. Flash will then upload the file (like an FTP program) inside its directory so that the flash movie can upload the new Jpg image. Is this possible? If so can anyone help me try to build it or direct me to a tutorial?
    Mark Gooodman
    www.markcgoodman.com

I am not absolutelly sure but I believe that it must be done using regular HTML. You could pop up a JS window when the user click the "upload pictures" link, to allow him to select the desired pictures.

The upload itself, for sure, you will need to that using some PHP script.
    Search for the $HTTP_POST_FILES global var in PHP manual.
    You can find extra help at http://www.phpbuilder.com

If you are a newbie in Flash/PHP, get prepared as this is not a so trivial task...

use fileReference, and in Flash 8
    you would also need a php file
    If you don't think you're going to like the answer, then don't ask the question.

Any codes or examples using fileReference and PHP? Any clues would be a help.
    Mark Gooodman
    www.markcgoodman.com

if your're using flash 8 go to this folder on your harddrive and load the sample
    C:\Program Files\Macromedia\Flash 8\Samples And Tutorials\Samples\ActionScript\FileUpload\FileUplo ad.fla
    If you don't think you're going to like the answer, then don't ask the question.

Wow that example is very cool. That is exactly what I was looking for. Well, almost. The example is a great way to search the hard drive but what if you then want to FTP that image inside a directory on the server so that other SWF files can upload them. Any idea's on that one?
    Mark Gooodman
    www.markcgoodman.com

it does upload it, if you look at the script it sends the image to a php script which then communicates with the server.

I was studying this example, but where can I find the fileupload.php??? I know it's online but how can I copy this to my own site?

thnx
    amazing! getting paid for flashing