A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Creating a game on Flash lite

Creating a game on Flash lite

Hi all,

I am now trying to create a game and place it in flash lite but I am new to flash MX pro, so i would like to seek help in some guidelines. First how do i create an actionscript to allow my game to be save. Second, I create 4 buttons in a page for the user to select, but if i put the enter key for all as "5" in the mobile phone, it come to the same page where its suppose to be transfer to different for each, how do i correct it. Third, for the map, must i need to draw everything out by flash or can i scan it in after drawing and has the same effect so that my character will not walk though the walls.

Need help, thanks alot for you spending time reading

SAVING DATA
    Generally, you cannot save data with Flash Lite, unless you send the data to a server for off device storage and retrieve the data with loadVariables().

The exceptions to this are that the iriver u10 Flash Lite player has a device specific way to save data (we will know more about how to do this when the CDK becomes available). For the symbian stand alone player it is possible to send data to another C application using the FSCommand("launch"). But you need to bundle a second C application, which writes the data to a text file on the system, and your SWF in a SIS archive for delivery to end users. You might look into www.siklmobile.com as a premade solution for this type of capability.

BUTTON EVENTS
    Most people just make one button and assign all events to the one button. Otherwise you will need to have the user navigate to a specific button inorder to execute its events. This may become difficult to manage especially if you are activating events from phone keys other than the 5 way control.

I dont understand the last part of your question. You can import artwork into Flash, or you can draw artwork in Flash. Not sure what drawing artwork has to do with characters walking through walls.

i mean how to create walls/obstacles to prevent the characters from walking through it?

if($<0){WelcomeToMyWorld} joshchernoff's Avatar
    You can only save a game with the Clix player because you need flash lite 2 to make this work. The U10 still uses flash lite 1.1

For those following this thread, the u10 Flash Lite 1.1 has a proprietary fscommand2() to save data to a text file. Clix Flash Lite 2.0 can use shared objects and I believe it also supports the fscommand2(). There is an english translation of the Japanese u10 CDK floating around which explains the fscommand2() for saving persistent data.

joshchernoff:
    FK rules:
    footer specs
    Image type: JPG, GIF or PNG ONLY!
    Number of images: ONE image prefered, but if you must have multiple images they must all total less than 300x40 pixels!
    Weight: 15kb max!
    3 lines of text (If you don't want to use an image then you are allowed up to 5 lines of text in your footer.)
    No fonts larger than 12pt.
    Do not use these vB commands in your footer: QUOTE CODE PHP LIST (as they add extra breaks and make your footer too large)
    "I'd only told them the truth. Was that so selfish? Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free."

Iriver clix saving data

Has anyone seen that CDK for the iriver clix? we have a game that we'd like to port to the iriver clix but we need shared objects.. Anyone?

the game we are trying to port is here--> Ubiquitygames.com
    Last edited by UbiquityGames; 08-04-2006 at 05:29 PM.

If your goal is to first verify that clix supports shared objects, then you might find someone with the device and send them a test file with instructions. Besides FlashKit mobile forum (which is not very active these days) the Yahoo Flash Lite group and Misticriver.net are two places to find people who could test.

Ok thank you. I will post there!
    Evan Green
    Ubiquity Games