A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Detecting a frame, loading scrollpane content and more...

Detecting a frame, loading scrollpane content and more...

Hi all!

Here's what I need to do:
    I have a scrollpane on stage which holds a certain MC. When I click on a button I need that MC to start playing from a certain frame (end_seq) and when it reaches the last frame it needs to load an external movie to the pane. Here's the code I have right now:
    Code:
    on (release) {
    	_root.scrollpane.menu.gotoAndPlay("end_seq");
    	_root.scrollpane.loadScrollContent("images/gallery/doors/doors_gallery.swf");
    	_root.scrollpane.setScrollPosition(1, 1);
    }
    but I need it to execute the last 2 lines (loadScrollContent, setScrollPosition) when the menu movie (_root.scrollpane.menu) reaches the last frame (named the_end). How can I do this?

Now the other thing I was thinking of goes like this:
    I have a few movies to load this way. So I was thinking that maybe it was possible when I click a button to set some global variable which will include those two lines (loadScroll, setScroll) with their targets, it will play the menu movie inside the scrollpane and when it reaches the last frame it will get that variable and load the movie. Obviously every button will set a different variable, and this is the variable that will have to be loaded.
    Sounds like an elegant solution to me, but I have no idea how to do it. Please help me!

Thank you in advance!!!

Sometimes the most simple things are the most effective...

Anybody? Please! I really in a jam here...

Sometimes the most simple things are the most effective...