A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mods.

FK's official coffee addict gasbag15's Avatar

Mods.

Just curious, does anyone even moderate this forum anymore?

Yeah, ive been thinking the same thing. This forum needs moderators bigtime.

Bring back Aversion. This place rocked when he was the mod.

I think we should keep this thread going and see how long till a mod replies in it or closes it or something

Haha, I was just thinking, its already been more than a day since this thread was posted, and yet no mod replied.

This'll be fun

Atleast we're getting our post count up

Whats the problem?

The problem is that the Cool Sites forum sucks now. Look at the number of posts that are actually following the rules. No one puts the URL in the title of their posts, no one searches before posting - hence double/triple/many more clone posts, and the quality of some of the sites posted sucks bigtime, not to mention the people posting their own sites.

Either bring Aversion back, or get someone dedicated to moderate the Cool Sites forum. That place used to be awesome...

There is also the problem of spam/self-made sites being posted and also one self-made site being moved from another forum INTO the cool sites forum...
    http://www.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?t=663363

Quote Originally Posted by zakp0
    The problem is that the Cool Sites forum sucks now. Look at the number of posts that are actually following the rules. No one puts the URL in the title of their posts, no one searches before posting - hence double/triple/many more clone posts, and the quality of some of the sites posted sucks bigtime, not to mention the people posting their own sites.

Either bring Aversion back, or get someone dedicated to moderate the Cool Sites forum. That place used to be awesome...
    Aversion has moved on to other things so there isn’t anything that we can do about that. Besides, the community and not the moderators make the forums. You seem to have a good grasp on the needs of the cool sites forums, if you want to mod it then shoot me an email or a pm and I will review the rules with you. Of course you would need to refrain from comments like “You're the prick. Do you read the rules? Do you...” and “Oh and I have four photos of her zipped...if anyone's interested.”. You would also need to be fair, civil and remain neutral with folks.

And I would have to agree, we rarely get our site of the day from the cool sites forum anymore. Why not take on the challenge and guide it into whatever direction you think it should go? I’d be willing to give you a chance as moderator so if you think that youre up to the challenge, then let me know.

Thanks for your time and input.

FYI, I check this forum frequently.

I pop in there once a day also, if I see anything out of the ordinary I will PM the new mod if you get one

Quote Originally Posted by JPnyc
    FYI, I check this forum frequently.
    Are you talking about cool sites or feedback?

Feedback. That's the section that I need to be most concerned with on every site, since i manage all the forums.

This thread was moved from the Cool Sites forum to the Feedback forum...

Quote Originally Posted by Planet
    Aversion has moved on to other things so there isn’t anything that we can do about that. Besides, the community and not the moderators make the forums. You seem to have a good grasp on the needs of the cool sites forums, if you want to mod it then shoot me an email or a pm and I will review the rules with you. Of course you would need to refrain from comments like “You're the prick. Do you read the rules? Do you...” and “Oh and I have four photos of her zipped...if anyone's interested.”. You would also need to be fair, civil and remain neutral with folks.

And I would have to agree, we rarely get our site of the day from the cool sites forum anymore. Why not take on the challenge and guide it into whatever direction you think it should go? I’d be willing to give you a chance as moderator so if you think that youre up to the challenge, then let me know.

Check your inbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Planet

I know the "rules" and if ya need some help in the cool sites for no search, no tiltle, self-promo let me know!

thanks

No 1 ever offers me that kinda stuff

Here's a few tips for anyone wanting to become a mod...

1) Generally, don't ask to be one. These are usually the people who are more interested in the 'power' or status that a mod has rather than having a genuine interest in contributing to the community. Naturally there are going to be exceptions to this, but read on...

2) Short of closing/editing threads, etc., behave as if you already were a mod. We don't have a 'Mod Training Program' that you are enlisted into when you are made a mod. We tend to invite people onboard that already display the qualities that are favored in a mod. This means treating people with respect, knowing and obeying the rules, and often being at least somewhat fair-minded in general.

3) Be active, be positive, help the community thrive and grow. Assist other members when you can by posting at least as many answers as you do questions or comments. Build people up instead of tearing them down.

If you do these things I guarantee that it will be noticed by not only the mods and admin, but by the entire community. Then when it comes time to bolster the mod ranks, it is your actions that will become the topic of discussion.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..