A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Loading text lines through XML into Flash, with effects, possible?

Loading text lines through XML into Flash, with effects, possible?

Hey all,

Is it possible in Flash to load text lines (multiple lines, which are quotes) from an XML file, and be able to have effects on the generated text? ie. Can i stick dynamic text into an mc and for example use motion tween on the mc after? And the text won't be aliased?

I need to generate random quotes into a header, but i don't want it to look like html text popping out, has to be antialiased and i want to be able to play with the transparency.

Possible?

thank you.

depends on the effects. For transparency, create a layer on top of it that's the same color as the background and then have it fade out and give the effect of the text fading in.

As for anti-alias, click on the text box and embed the necessary characters.

Problem is the layer underneath would be a picture, a random one at that. :P would a mask work?

And what about the xml random quotes how do i go about that? I didn't find any good tutorial on that.

doesn't matter if it's a picture or not. If the pic is on a white bg, just make a white box the same size as the area where the image would be loaded in and then fade the white box to alpha 0.

as far as the random quotes, do you mean you want to add quotes around certain words in the dynamic text? Why not just use the CDATA tag in XML and put your quotes in there and then make the text box read HTML?

Well after more thinking about this i decided to use a diff. route, i won't use XmL for it.

thanks for your help tho.