A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Why won't this button work

Why won't this button work

Ok, I know by the title of the post that it might seem like I'm a newbie to Flash but I'm not. But I'm really stumped as to why the button I've created for a new flash site that I'm working on does not work. Its the last hurdle to clear until I put it up on the web and see how it flies, but I can't for the life of me figure out why my Audio button does not work. It does not work on any of the scenes, and I don't know why. I've troubleshooted to the best of my ability and so I turn it over to the kind souls on this forum to to help me figure out why its not working. you'll notice on frame 124 of the Home scene, that I have a frame action to stop the movie - at this point all my buttons become active and all of them function the way they should work, except for the damn Audio button and I don't know why.

Here's the .fla file
    http://www.realgone.org/weegs/working8.fla

I've posted on another forum but noone has been able to help, maybe there are a few kind (genius) souls out there who will help me get this figgered out.

thnx in advance
    greg

post code?

howdy captainlack,
    can you be a bit more specific? what audio effect(s) are you referring to?
    and a look at some code might get a quick fix...what actions or fxns are handling the audio event?
    cheers
    __azwaldo__

azwaldo

its not even that complicated...its just a simple matter of a button not doing what it should do...all I'm asking it to do is goto and play frame ### and its not. there is no real code as you think it its simply

on (release) {
    gotoAndPlay(139);
    }

azwaldo

Thanks for your reply

its not even that complicated...its just a simple matter of a button not doing what it should do...all I'm asking it to do is goto and play frame ### and its not. there is no real code as you think it its simply the code seen at the bottom here.

not rocket science, but its just not damn working and I have no idea why. And when I say "Audio button" all I mean is that is the name of the button all its supposed to do is play a segment of the timeline that then leads it to an audio "page" that has mp3s available for download on it. Again this is not high level flash development here, its seemingly a glitch that I can't figure out how to fix and I am hoping that someone out there in Flash land could possibly know why it won't work.

on (release) {
    gotoAndPlay(139);
    }

just make new btn

something about that 'audio' btn is corrupt; just copied the 'info' button onstage, reassigned it to play frame 139, and it worked just fine.
    __azwaldo__