A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: No Longer recieving mail notifications

Official FK nice guy and MOD 3PRIMATES's Avatar

No Longer recieving mail notifications

Hi there. A few days ago I stopped recieving mail notifications to posted messages. I havent changed any settings. Any ideas?

3P

Everyone you know has been instructed to love you less as of two days ago. Just return the monkey and no one will get hurt.

Just kidding. We'll look into it.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

LOL, sounds good. BTW, who told you anone loved me to begin with?
    Heh, kidding. People love me like a Christmas present from Grandma.

3P

Well, the official word is...we don't know why you're not getting email notifications anymore. gerbick says he hasn't gotten any since November. You could try deleting any of your FK cookies, logging back in and changing your prefs (turn email off, save it, turn it back on again). With any luck that will sort it out. Other than that, I'm afraid we're not sure what might have happened.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

We made a change today to try and address this issue. Please keep watch for any changes/improvements and post them here. Thanks

up to my .as in code Chris_Seahorn's Avatar
    Well, the official word is...we don't know why you're not getting email notifications anymore. gerbick says he hasn't gotten any since November. You could try deleting any of your FK cookies, logging back in and changing your prefs (turn email off, save it, turn it back on again). With any luck that will sort it out. Other than that, I'm afraid we're not sure what might have happened.
    I noticed it as well but assumed it was something on my end. I recently re-installed my entire system (unrelated) and still no luck. I remember in October and November I would get random notifications for only certain tracked threads and those were days after the fact.

Just the size of the userbase and total posts stored must make your jobs a nightmare when some odd glitch pop it's head up. Whoever is in charge of running the backend here must drink lots of coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Seahorn

Just the size of the userbase and total posts stored must make your jobs a nightmare when some odd glitch pop it's head up. Whoever is in charge of running the backend here must drink lots of coffee
    You have no idea This is the only forum on it's own dedicated monster server, and still it taxes the heck out of it.

up to my .as in code Chris_Seahorn's Avatar
    Hey JP, I wanted to mention a few months back when I had a problem with changing my email and at the time I wanted to square away my account when I got back in. I went and looked at my subscriptions....and the count was huge. Like 229 or something. I know I never conciously clicked the thread options to subscribe to so many and thought....well maybe I acidentally enabled "automatically subscribe" when I post in a thread like many forums have as an option. Been so long since I setup my account you never know.

I see no option to automatically subscribe either in my control panel or any threads options inside forums.

Any way a tech can check the database and peak at the table field (users) for total tracked threads for each or even build a quickie php query to list all users with over 50 (or whatever) threads tracked. If those numbers are huge and If the board is somehow doing this for a percentage of your over 500,000 members...that would crush the notification system.....no?

IMHO a board this size should never allow me to reach 200+ tracked threads and if you find those numbers high I would zero it...have Planet put out a system message to explain and cap it like attachments at a certain amount. I would rather have 10 capped subscriptions that work than 229 uncapped subscriptions that don't

Shuttin up ...Merry Xmas!

It's in the userCP, edit options.

Ok JP just recieved 14 messages from FK.. Thanks bud I appreciate the effort.

3P

Great, glad it helped.