alright- I am no noob (well, maybe i am)-

point being- i have a slight problem. I know how to use gotoandplay and all that jazz....

But, for some reason it worketh not....

I believe the problem is:

I am trying to go to a frame that is:
1: behind me
and 2: a frame- that is, i'm trying to trigger it FROM AN MC

So, i have this mc... its located on frame 4 of scene 4- on that mc is some coding:
Code:
   _root.gotoAndPlay("Scene 2",1);
Hmm.... I knoweth not y this worketh not.... please reply very soonly as this is so insanely easy compared to the rest of my program.... how could my great program be flaunted by something so small and insignificant as a visual graphic???

hmm.. do i need to use something other then .root because i'm in a movie clip? i recall using this exact thing in this exact situation prior to this one, and it worked fine... the debugger hits the step right on time, it just doesnt execute it correctly... that is, the viewer sees nothing...

BTW- i am aware that a majority of the flashing community hates scenes... well, for this purpose (a single flash puzzle game, that only requires 5 scenes- a loader, a title screen, a instruction scene, and a game scene, and a high score / "yay you won" scene) i find them quite efficient... But, I sincerely hope there is a single way to navigate between them... i know i've done this before... sometime... somewhere... hurry up and post the answer i know its somewhere.... hmm thats a song i know it... i'll remember it later...