A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jumping!

I have a question.

I added an element called box in ConnELITE's updated version of Blanius's file, so how do you make it so when I jump onto the box, that if I were to walk off of the box, for the character to come back to the ground. I made it so when you jump on the box, it is like platform, in which the character is now standing. but if I use the left arrow to move off of the platform, the character never falls back down to the floor.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Collision Detect

A Collision Detection Routine is what I've done before. If after steping off the platform, the character should not be "Colliding" with it and therefore you should set the fall rate at that point.
    MoonRise

!!!!!!!! *going crazy*!!!!! did you not see my new box function!!! its perfect for this!!!! http://board.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?t=604685

its the last post, i worked forever on it, oh and use the function in the movie not in the post because the movies one is better.

I was really sad when no one said anything about it btw ...
    BC

Brent to be honest you box function is not very clear and you use many variables that you don't explain at all. The function assumes a certain way of working in the core movie and as such isn't a stand alone function. I looked it over and frankly wouldn't know how to use it.

I tried out your box code and its great, but I still can't figure out how to make it so when the person walks off the box, he falls down. Could someone explain this to me, with a code and explanation or something?

I've come up with a different way to make this happen, but I can't figure out how to write the code. Here it is:

Once "guy" collideRect with the "box" his .velocity.y = 0, and then and else code saying his .velocity.y is +100 so that when he is on the box is is "stil"l but when he walks off, he falls down. How would I code this?

thanks
    Last edited by sonic04; 12-24-2005 at 11:46 AM.

....... did you take a look at the movie blanius? oh and some things in it may seem weird but I had to do certain things to fix certain bugs. I also might of left a var or two in there that I was using but later deleted. Ive used it quite a lot since ive made it so I know it works pretty good. Look at the movie I attached.
    BC

sonic it you set the relative acceration to 80 or watever he should always be falling so the box function should work, mabey post the source cause i forgot how i edited bret's movie.
    BC

hey

I figured out all of the bugs, well here is a good finished example I made using ConnELITE's box codes, and Blanius's original file.

http://silverknightgames.9k.com/Silv...ames/jump.html

MSPaint Master
    Awesome ( will you post the whole code, in colors that we need to change?) its exactly what ive been needing.

Ce-Bro Productions, an online game making a web comic community

Ce-Bro.com

no

no, but the only reason why is because i made my copy of the game WAY TO COMPLICATED than it should be and I dont want to get you started in the wrong direction

Im working on the game though in fact I posted the source in a different topic but its so unbelievably unorganized so I wouldnt try making anything out of it if I were you.

If you need some tutorials for your rpg game, I could figure something out, like a weapon system or something.... That is once I get time for I''m working on the platformer game (graphics and adding levels).

But let me know if yout want me to try to make something.

you used the box code!!! the function or code? I wish people would relize how useful and hard that was to make
    BC

I told you I used your code! I swear! But i couldnt figure out the function so I used to box code and thanks tons for it!! I swear ive told you that ive used it before because Ive used it in my warrior game too.

MSPaint Master
    lol, ok np, thanks

Ce-Bro Productions, an online game making a web comic community

Ce-Bro.com