A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: only allow numbers entered, phone mask?

only allow numbers entered, phone mask?

Is there a way to do this. I've played with the input box component flash has to offer couldnt find such a property or a mask.

Email validation i did myself for the other input. since its a lot easier, but phone... well i cant let users enter anything but the phone number into it and cant seem to find a way to make this component do that.

so my question i guess is what i am trying to do possible in flash and if it is whats the way? our c# builder has it, i thought flash would have something like that too.
    Content Over Hype.

I'm not a big fan or user of componenets, but for regular textfield instances you can restrict what characters can be entered (i.e., numerals 0-9, dashes, and parentheses). I imagine you can do the same for a component textfield. Look the textField class in the help files and find the "restrict" method, it'll be explicit with how to use it.

thats what i ended up doing for our company website. we program everything in c builder and pretty much really end up using components all the time so thats why i prefer to use components in flash.

not a great masking system here, borland had a good one out as of 10 years ago. i guess macromedia is playing a catch up game.
    Content Over Hype.