A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Getting CRISP imported graphics into Flash

Getting CRISP imported graphics into Flash

I'm fairly new to Flash, tho very experienced with graphic work of all types...

I can't seem to get graphics I import from photoshop or illustrator to be crisp once they're in flash.

No matter if I make them the size I need, or make them larger/higher res and scale them down: they all end up looking jaggy and nasty.

I save them for import into Flash as the highest-quality PNG.

Is there a trick to get better-looking imported bitmap graphics into Flash?

thank you!

FlashChat

Yes, indeed there is, and a quick google search should've given you the answer as this is a frequently asked question. Nonetheless, open your Library (CTRL+L), find your Image, right-click it, and click on Properties.... In the box that emerges, tick/check Allow Smoothing, uncheck/untick Use imported JPEG data, and set the Quality to 100, and press OK
    I am back, guys ... and finally 18 :P

BRING BACK THE OLD DESIGN!! OR AT LEAST FIX THE AS TAGS

Quote Originally Posted by Nig 13 View Post
    Yes, indeed there is, and a quick google search should've given you the answer as this is a frequently asked question. Nonetheless, open your Library (CTRL+L), find your Image, right-click it, and click on Properties.... In the box that emerges, tick/check Allow Smoothing, uncheck/untick Use imported JPEG data, and set the Quality to 100, and press OK
    In actuality, I did do, not a quick google search, but a focused one which took some time. I found many hits showing how to import graphics into flash, but none which dealt with the specifics of my actual question.

I have since learned the answer.

Thank you for engaging my post.

Actually, it turns out that "allow smoothing" is not the solution to the issue. There are scenarios where that function is quite useful, but getting smooth images into Flash from Photoshop is accomplished by a different workflow than I was using.

Are you importing the Photoshop image as .PSD or as an image format?
    I am back, guys ... and finally 18 :P

BRING BACK THE OLD DESIGN!! OR AT LEAST FIX THE AS TAGS