A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Some advice for a newie please

Some advice for a newie please

I have never used swift befor and rather stuck to just flash and now I need to make a 3d Sever and I have no idea how to go about it. I have used 3d studio max in the past but swift is different and I am having trouble locating a desent tutorial. So if any one could advise me either how to make a simple server(box with few details) or point me in the direction of some good tutorials I would much apriciate it as I got to get this done asap.
    Thanx alot

If you have 3ds max, can I truly suggest using the Swift3D MAX plugin instead? Same workflow that you're used to, same Erain goodness on output to Flash.

But as far as a server goes, what all do you lack, need? if anything, with 3ds max, you could sidestep using Swift3D for building it - you've not stated which version of Swift you have access to, btw - and build within 3ds max, and then output to *.3ds and then render from within Swift3D.

That's if it's giving you that much of a headache. I've searched SwiftDev and I didn't see a tutorial there for a server, but if you think in simple shapes, the shapes that make up a server, you can actually "primitive" together a server quite easily.

But as a 3ds max "first" type of person, I tend to now build more in Max, then render in Swift3D... if I don't render directly from within the 3ds max program using the aforementioned recommended 3ds max plugin.

Hope that helps a bit. If not, I can try to assist in making a server if one of the many Swift3D gurus here - BlinkOK, Seventh Tyger, Rushvision, azzkicker, and a whole bunch of others - doesn't actually have one already.

Take care

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Sweet thanx for the help ill have a look for the plugin and give it a go see how things work. b.t.w I am using swift3d V4 and 3dstudio max 8.
    thanx for the advice apriciate it