A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: input text reverting its format

input text reverting its format

I have a dynamically created input texfield. Its been formatted dymanically. Nothing heavy duty going on and it works fine, except when I add this feature...
    If I use Selection.setFocus on it, it becomes preselected and everything seems fine. The format is correct at this point. But once you start typing in the selected field (without using a mouseclick to get into the text) it reverts to a different sized, bold font that looks like Times New Roman, maybe a default format. Any idea why this is happening? How can I stop this from occurring?

Thank you.

Confused Game/Cartoon Designer
    ive had the same problem with a dynamic text today. I dont know how to do this to a text dynamically created, but if you want a text to stay in the same font, go to the characters button in the propertiaes window while the textfield is selected. once there, select all the options on the top (none of the japanese, chinese...) then click ok. this will embed the font in your movie. if you can figure out how to do the same thing in actionscript, then tyou're set. or if you make a separate textfield to embed the letters with, that might work.
    Last edited by MisterPD; 12-30-2005 at 04:29 PM. Reason: misspelling
    P-Dizzle is in the hizzle.

Thanks for the reply MR.PD

I am using...

Code:
    my_txt.embedFonts;
    ...to dynamically embed the fonts.

This should have done the trick if that was the issue, but I think the problem lies elsewhere. If I have to, Ill use attachMovie to force a library MC containing an inputBox upon the stage, but I wanted to keep using createEmptyMovie and createTextField like I am.

Confused Game/Cartoon Designer
    another thing to try is making a dynamic/input text (not with AS but by hand) and using the character button i mentioned. make sure your handmade text uses the same font as the one you are worried about.
    P-Dizzle is in the hizzle.

what version?

have ye tried swabbin' the decks of that ship with a stylesheet matey? maybe reassign the properties with a my_txt.onSetFocus handler ...

__azwaldo__

Its MX 2004. Ill post the code Im using. Thx