A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: S.o.s.

S.o.s.

I am sure this is a very simple problem (I've never attempted this before, so bear with me all you experts...LOL!!!), but I have attached a file that shows my problem and would be VERY grateful if someone could help me resolve this. I am working on a project and this has been the "bump in the road".

Here's the deal:

I have a page of image-buttons that when rolled over expand into an image composed of photos and text. The thing is, I want the rollover image to cover everything on the page no matter what order one clicks on the image-button. Right now, I have each button on it's own layer. The rollover image is a movie clip placed on the "over" frame position in the image-button.

Anyway, take a look a the the attached SWF file and see what I am talking about. I want to only see the rollover state of each button when rolled over -- no other buttons. Then, when the visitor moves the cursor off the hit area then all buttons on the page would be available. Steps repeated to view each button.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!
    Pixelpusher1
    Attached Images Attached Images

Have you tried putting them in the same layer? I thinkthat might be the problem, seeing as the layers will cover each other up. (i.e., you will see the layers on top of each other according to which one is closet to the top in the 'layers' area. I'll attach a screenshot to help betterunderstand that statement. Hope I was of some help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Its always a mess putting objects directly on stage. Use the _root.attachMovie function to let flash take it from library to stage. The details about this function can be found in flash help.
    http://www.badhobbit.be
    --> Please, give me feedback in the "Member Sites" section here.

Buttons

Thanks guys, but I am pretty much a novice when it comes to this kind of issue. Is there something you show me that will pretty much provide the code, setup, etc...for something like I am trying to do?

I can even "reverse-engineer" something if necessary...i'm just trying to get this done...

Thanks again,
    Pixelpusher1