A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Video encoding...

Video encoding...

I have a problem with the proxus player, and also other testing stuff I have done.
    When I test my files locally, they work perfect, but when I test them online, they seem to download into the player, but stops after playing about 1 second.
    Now I have tested compressing the files even more, to get smaller filesizes, and then they seem to play some more, 5 seconds, then even smaller, they play about 10 seconds before they stop.
    My isp told me that they have set up the flv mime extension, so I don't think that this is the problem.
    Does anyone have an idea about this.
    I have recently used flash 8 to encode the files.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Can't preview your file after uploading?
    We have been informed by clients of issues with exported files when using Flash 8. Since this is a fairly new release and mostly still in beta, we suggest using alternative methods to encode your FLV files. The encoders above will cause much less aggravation.
    The most common issue is that the file exported is in a version of Flash that previous players cannot view. It is suggested you encode/render your files to Flash 5 if possible, or install a flash detection script to guide the user to the correct update.
    http://www.flvhosting.com/index.php?ssp=3