A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: flickr!

flickr!

Not *exactly* photography but I sure didn't want to venture into the CL

I finally got a flickr account(basic free version). I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with their prints? I was very dissatisfied with cafepress. I just ordered an 8xD to see what it is like. Then I noticed that if I view my image, and choose "ALL SIZES" to enlarge it, the largest size it shows is 768x1024. The original uploaded image was well over that... did my image get permantly downsized, or does it just not let you view a larger size? I'm just thinking, 768x1024 is going to make one crummy print, that's a terrible resolution.

I'm just now getting into photography a little... always loved it, never took the time to learn the basics though(it seems so technical to me) ... this should provide some encouragement for me though if the prints turn out good, the process sure is intuitive and easy!

cheers
    >flashl!ght<
    All the normal names were taken.
    Ron Paul was right.

http://www.flickr.com/help/photos/#18
    And the original size (if you hold a pro account)
    My letters on the F1 key have faded, how are yours today?

I didn't even know you could order prints from flickr.com.

I have been researching online photo printing for about a week now and looked at flickr.com, didn't see anything about printing although it seems they are partnering now with something called QOOP to order products from your prints.

See my thread in this forum called 'Best Pro Online Print Service'. Check out fotki.com, ofoto.com (kodak), snapfish.com and shutterfly.com. All of these sites offer inexpensive printing options from your high-res originals.
    Last edited by admedia; 01-10-2006 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by McUsher
    Blah! I look forward to a very grainy print, then.

Thanks, admedia. I'll look into each of those.
    >flashl!ght<
    All the normal names were taken.
    Ron Paul was right.

Mom said "make me a Mod" el-Ignoramus's Avatar
    what's the advantage of having an online printing service, here in Egypt I print a 5 megapixel picture on a 30x25 cm paper for the equivalent of a 1.5 US$ and I have to drive to the store to give them the original file and pick up the prints, is that good or bad??

For myself the main advantage would have been taking myself out of the process of procuring prints for the client.... my job would be to take the photos, upload them.... the client then uses the site to make their selections, order prints.... and i make a comission off of the prints as well.

but I don't think it is going to work this way so much for me after all.