A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: FK vs DQS :: interforum rollCanvas

Quote Originally Posted by blazes816
    We could have the second roll canvas with Kirupa.com? I'm not participating so do what ever, but I could start a thread over there if anyone wants too.....
    I'd rather do a standard battle when we'd have the time. Too many battles, you're liable to not get enough people.

Besides... Kirupa. I can honestly say that I've never seen them battle anybody.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

gotta start somewhere. But oh well.

have you ever done even an image here in the Arena?

Not trying to sound elitist, or derail this conversation any further, but before starting an interforum battle, how about starting a few here to get into the swing of things.

I'd hate to see a potential battle with any other forum get dragged down by not knowing how a battle even goes. Watching is one thing, battling is another. There's a rhythm. And there's a need for planning.

Start some here first dude. Get into the rhythm. No way in hell I'm having another AIF or similar battle here where it all falls apart because somebody crosses some "line" or some other BS.

So when is this commencing? I would prefer to go earlier if possible. Who is 'serving'?

Now, with that said... Team FK, kick some serious butt. The Arena, let's support 'em.
    as mentioned, well said gerbs.

I think if there were another rollcanvas here, it should be the rollcanvas3... and the dqs rollcanvas should be named more appropriatly. after all, its not the third interforum rollcanvas we've had... but rollcanvas3 would suggest the third flashkit community rollcanvas.

well, to put an end to the congestion of unrelated posts on this thread, I'll ask, is there any takers for the hosting slot of a new rollcanvas? If no-one volunteers in a few days then ill do it... but i still think someone else should have the throne for once...
    "Good lord, you're wasting thousands of dollars worth of Interferon!"
    "... and you're Interferon with our good time!"

what does hosting entail? I've got some storage/bandwidth i can chew up

SAMedia Blog (general bs) :: jwinmedia (my music site)
    "Think of an advertisement where the product you're marketing is Jesus!"
    -From a work for hire ad

both times I hosted I didnt use storage, you can thank gerbick for that one. and if we all play nice he *might* do it again... (many thanks once again gerbick...)

the main roles of hosting for me were:
    -at start, recruiting volley'ers, making a list of players, and make posts reminding people of the few folks who are up next.
    -arranging swaps and backup players if players dont show up when its their turn
    -collecting full volleys via email or PM
    -ensuring full size volleys and 'preview' volleys are proper specified resolution
    -making sure all the volleys loop from each other properly and in the right direction... (i did this by keeping them all in a PS file...)

its not too hard really. a few minutes a day is probably enough to keep everything in check... and I found it pretty fun seeing it all come together.

gawd. i just realised. this could be the first time i wont see the volleys coming together. pardons in advance if i go insane during this match...
    "Good lord, you're wasting thousands of dollars worth of Interferon!"
    "... and you're Interferon with our good time!"

gerbs will host it again. no probs.

*breaks out the pom poms*
    Go team, go!
    Quick question: Will there be links for the rest of us to follow the progress?
    Im interested to see what the other team is going to come up with too.

A few things to think about.

Hmm. This seems to be getting a little messy... need some mods to clear up some confusion methinks.

1. At DQS they already have two rollCanvas III threads going on with plenty of people signed up to play and waiting for us to start.

2. We seem agreed that the interforum battle shouldn't be rC3 so we need them to change their thread title to avoid confusion...

3. Because presumably we will soon have another rC3 thread... the real rC3.

4. Also, you guys need to decide who is playing and who isn't.... there seems to be a lot of "you take my spot", "no i dont want it" going on.

5. Maybe we should get another thread going as soon as possible and get all the junk posts (like this one!) deleted outa this thread.

Sorry if this post reads like I'm being rude - I'm not!

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by onine
    Hmm. This seems to be getting a little messy... need some mods to clear up some confusion methinks.
    Look below
    1. At DQS they already have two rollCanvas III threads going on with plenty of people signed up to play and waiting for us to start.
    That's their problem. If they're ready, go ahead and start it.

2. We seem agreed that the interforum battle shouldn't be rC3 so we need them to change their thread title to avoid confusion...
    Renamed to "Interforum RollCanvas"

3. Because presumably we will soon have another rC3 thread... the real rC3.
    I'll start soliciting by end of week. Stated that earlier in the thread.

4. Also, you guys need to decide who is playing and who isn't.... there seems to be a lot of "you take my spot", "no i dont want it" going on.
    There's been no confirmations/changes, so the list stays the same. My spot is an alternate so there's no rush to take my spot.

5. Maybe we should get another thread going as soon as possible and get all the junk posts (like this one!) deleted outa this thread.
    Once we get DQS to either start or confirm... this thread will remain the "talk" thread... it's not causing any harm as it stands, imho.

yeah, seems like we are all set...let's get it on!

Ah, these boys is all swelled up. So this was earlier...getting set to trade. Then, woooaaah differences.
    Blog ¤ Photos ¤ Book

*puts on very manly cheerleader outfit*
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

There are MANLY ones?
    DAAAMN!
    Shake it silver!

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick
    imho.
    coolio
    Quote Originally Posted by silverx2
    *puts on very manly cheerleader outfit*

Does anyone want to go first or have a preference on when they want to go in the order?

ctranter already mentioned a preference for a slot near the pole position. Let him start it off for FK.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

I'd prefer not to 'serve', if thats ok (and fk are serving), I like having something to work with. But if no-one else wants to I don't mind too much.

Quote Originally Posted by ctranter
    I'd prefer not to 'serve', if thats ok (and fk are serving), I like having something to work with. But if no-one else wants to I don't mind too much.
    come one now...serve it up yo!

and btw, i've been meaning to say, f'n gorgeous!.

Ah, these boys is all swelled up. So this was earlier...getting set to trade. Then, woooaaah differences.
    Blog ¤ Photos ¤ Book

Quote Originally Posted by nordberg
    and btw, i've been meaning to say, f'n gorgeous!.
    I agree. Chris, you've really done a great job with this site. If you don't really tweak your images (via PS) then alot of them are phenomenal. I love where you live.