A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any coment on my site?

Any coment on my site?

Hi there, jst wondered if anybody had any comments on my site, good or bad all welcome.

Cheers

Click here

all the content should load up all at once...

that would take to long, this way at least the user can begin looking at one part before the other loads.

-_-
    Cool Site!

29 visits and only 2 replies come on lads let me have it!

Any comments on my online portfolio, thanks

Can somebody give me some feedback on my online portfolio, any comments good or bad welcome.

Ta

Click here

Quote Originally Posted by WandMan
    all the content should load up all at once...

The background doesn't match the feel of your site. Seems odd to have flowers there when you've got a pretty techy themed site.

Nice site, and nice portfolio too.

-I agree with the all load at once, if it takes too long than you need to work on optimization, because even after you load the individual sections you load something with every single mouse click. Kinda defeats one point of flash design.
    -grainy images in portfolio
    -flowery back is a little fruity
    -I think you need to draw a little more attention to the sound off button

Nice design, nice smooth animations, generally good online portfolio

SAMedia Blog (general bs) :: jwinmedia (my music site)
    "Think of an advertisement where the product you're marketing is Jesus!"
    -From a work for hire ad

Everything looks clean, I think it's fine that each section loads seperately.

For the 'enlarged popup', I am able to click thru the popup and activate things underneath that I can't see behind the popup. You could disable the buttons until the popup is closed. The close button on the popup isn't very big. For myself, I would have the entire popup as a button, and when clicked, it would close.

Often times, designers have thier background music set to volume down when a user clicks on a 'launch site' button, so that the two site's sounds don't overlap each other. The sound can volume up again, once the user gives the site focus again.

I would have the 'sound off' button turn to a 'sound on' button whien clicked and maybe have the change track menu pull back up once a user has clicked a track.

Your photography section doesn't get as much prominence as the print and web sections do, but maybe that was intentional. The flickr site doesn't seem to provide anything that couldn't be done on your own site. I would intergrate the photography into the site.

The size of close button is a really valid point, i guess i know where it is because i made it but it could take a few moments for others to work out how to close the enlarged section.

As for the sound comments they are a little beyond my capabilities at the moment, but i see your point. (any links to how to do it would be appreciated).

The photography is intented to be less promonent but i think i will intergrate it into the site when i get a chance, should be easy enough to do.

Thanks again for some really usefull points.

Official FK nice guy and MOD 3PRIMATES's Avatar
    Hi, the upper left animation to me seems to be a bit fast and distracting.
    I love the color red, but yours seems to be a bit bright to me.
    The darker red is fine, but the bright red makes the content feel out of place. Kind of like when put red and blue side by side. Makes your eyes tweak out a bit and distracts from the content.

Loaders work well.
    I would add a contact area where they can contact you through a form.
    I would also use a domain email address instead of yahoo.com

The text on the scroller looks kind of boring. Anyway to make it pop a bit more?

Hope it helps

3P

-_-
    Didn't wandman and me give comments on your other thread?

You both did, but i realised I should of posted here as this forum seemed more flash orientated with other flash users as opposed to HTML. thanks for your previous comments though.

amd thanks 3primates for your comments, i am contactable through the email link and i will get a proper domain and email address as sound as my lousey domain people get round to it.

I probably won't change the colour now at this stage but wear bear in mind for the future.

Thanks

i personally don't mind the colors, i think they go well each other.
    i think it opens well and like all of the rollover effects...the one thing i don't like is new windows opening up...but that's just personal preference.
    might possibly try an animated object while loading (???).

overall...good job.
    Committed to excellence through art.
    DarkEdgeDesign

This way In
    the staggered loading is fine... the first time you visit. At least have all the elements try to load the first time, otherwise your visitors have to sit through the sequenced load every time they visit, even if the site is already cached....

Maybe a cookie could detect first time visitors, and stagger the loading for them alone, then on repeat visits the site is all there already. I do like the loading effect but it is becoming somewhat overused and all those transitions take up precious seconds of your users patience.

Nice site overall though.. but you've got to ask yourself, is all that flash really necessary? Your site could be pretty easily reproduced in html, save for a few of those transitional effects.
    Good lord, it's been a while

hey there,

thnx for your comment on my site. had a look at yours too. Funny coincidence we have the same sort of bouncing tween for the windows.

looks good! maybe the red could be a little less saturated but that's a matter of taste.

I think the background could be more fitting. I really like your masthead...for the most part, the little triangles bother me and I expected them to be buttons. I like the movement on the left side, it looks like light reflecting off of water. The bottom right stands out just a little bit. For only occasional usage in Flash and other web programs you produce some strong pages. P.s. because I commented on your website, I expect you to hook me up with a job if I ever get to move to Australia, it sounds so cool!

you've got it 00_decker - although I think i might be working for you - I really like you're intro for you website, but do you're self a favour and get some really webspace without all the ads on there.

Thanks everybody for the comments the red and the flowers stay but thanks again for all the advice anyway.

Official FK nice guy and MOD 3PRIMATES's Avatar
    Hi drog, I merged this thread with the duplicate you posted in member sites.

3P