name:
Raymond Russell

username:
3PRIMATES

what do you do:
Self employed as a Multimedia/web developer.
Work with two others through our parent company, www.alienmade.com

describe yourself in 5 or so words:
Artistic, inteligent,err intelligant, err intellegent, err smart

Favorite quote(s):
Albert Einstein
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.

What do you do for fun?:
Play guitar, play FP shooters with my buddies, walk around town taking photos and drinking Starbucks coffee.

favourite website(s):
Flashkit
stock.xchng

favourite drink(s):
coffee
Extra strong Red Rose tea with evaported milk and sugar
(kind of like chai tea without the spices)

why do you volunteer your time as a moderator:
Its just another way to give back to the community that has given to me over the years.

thoughts to advance the profession:
Dont under sell your skill set. I am tired of competing for jobs and losing because somebody will do the work for a buck fifty an hour.

skills:
Photoshop
Lightwave
Flash
Dreamweaver
Fireworks
PHP
MySQL
HTML
Actionscript
Javascript

how did you start:
I first started making pure html sites back in 1997
I hand wrote everything in notepad and wouldnt consider using WYSIWYG editor. part of that was because I wanted to learn from the ground up and using an editor really wouldnt let me learn the real workings of my pages.
I had to share a computer, so I would go to htmlgoodies and print tutorial after tutorial along with color charts and javascript code so I could practice it on paper when I couldnt get on line.

When I discovered Flash around version 3, I think, maybe 4, life started getting interesting. In order to create the type of stuff I wanted I had to learn php and actionscript. Everything else just kind of took off from there.