A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Major Update! Please check!

Guitar God

Major Update! Please check!

Hey guys! It's been a while! I just finished uploading my site and I would appreciate it if you would take a look at it and see if you can find anything wrong with it. The whole thing took me about 48 hours to make and I think that's a personal best. Here's the link: http://www.geocities.com/stat1stick

Thanks in advance!

Guitar God
    Was there some kind of nuclear explosion and everyone died except for me? How many times do you have to view a topic before you can give a reply? Honestly! I don't remember you guys ever being this slow!

up to my .as in code Chris_Seahorn's Avatar
    It's probobly seeing the geocities part of your link driving people away. Yours isn't so bad but some of those geocities sites take your browser and start beating you over the head with popups.

As far as the site....I basically like everything but the red outlines and Bold red text links. The text is just not coming off well between the black backdrop and the general choppiness of the font. Black, like white, is a tough color to use as a backdrop because everything against it really stands out. If something placed against it is well done...it's stunning....if not....it's bad aspects stand out like sore thumbs. Your red text falls into this category IMHO.

Guitar God

Another major update. A total re-design.

Hey guys. I had some weird kind of inspiration last night and I came up with a new web design for myself. I actually worked really hard on the design part and kept the web part to a minimum (for now). I have not added any links yet. I am mainly curious if you like my design and if you think I should persue it. I do not really like the big text box I have on the main page and I would like to change it somehow. If you have any ideas, please let me know. Here is the link: STAT1STICK Re-Design

If you would like to see what the site looked like before, click here.

Oh... And in case you are wondering why I am not using apostrphies... That key, for some strange reason, got bound to the Ctrl+F function and every time I press it, the "find" dialogue comes up. Weird, huh?

Anyway, thanks for looking!

Guitar God
    Okay... I took care of that nasty looking text box. I made a new one that looks a lot more sleek and modern. I also made a secondary navigation bar to fit in a few extra buttons. The new nav bar has a chrome bar below it with three red LED lights in it. Each light comes on depending which button you are over.

I designed some sounds with Absynth 3 and used them for the preloader, the buttons, and the home page. I do, however have a slight problem... When the sounds loop, there is a gap in between each loop. Is there a way to get that to go away?

You can still access the site from the links I made in the previous post.

Thanks again.

Hi Misanthropy, What neat graphics you have there! None of the links work yet but very cool so far. In regard to the loop...I don't know what software you are using to crop your loop, but I use Goldwave and if you look at your loop you will see in the graph there is probably a silence at the end that needs to be trimmed off so that it will loop properly.

Great work so far!
    Ms Pamela
    Palette Masters design
    Oentsjerk Netherlands
    http://www.pittypattermarket.com

Guitar God
    Quote Originally Posted by MsPamela
    Hi Misanthropy, What neat graphics you have there! None of the links work yet but very cool so far. In regard to the loop...I don't know what software you are using to crop your loop, but I use Goldwave and if you look at your loop you will see in the graph there is probably a silence at the end that needs to be trimmed off so that it will loop properly.

Great work so far!
    Ms Pamela
    Thanks for looking. I'm glad you like the way it looks. I've worked on the design for quite a while. As for the sound problem... I am a recording engineer first and a web designer second (if you don't believe me, click here). I use Adobe Audition 1.5 and Sonar 4 PE to edit all of my music/sounds. You'd think I'd be able to fix a little problem with a simple loop. I've checked the silence... There is none. I think there's something wrong in the SWiSH file. I don't know... I may just scrap the loop all together.

misanthropy, I don't know what to say..... I took the sound loop from your file to see what the problem was and here is the graph of it.... Now, I am no sound engineer....but I think it is pretty plain to see by the graph, the reason for the bad loop and it has nothing to do with SWiSH because SWiSH does not edit the sound. You need to trim your sound file and when you use the fade out feature, make sure you do not encompass the entire file, just the last part of it... otherwise you end up with an issue like this.

Ms Pamela

Palette Masters design
    Oentsjerk Netherlands
    http://www.pittypattermarket.com

Guitar God
    Quote Originally Posted by MsPamela
    misanthropy, I don't know what to say..... I took the sound loop from your file to see what the problem was and here is the graph of it.... Now, I am no sound engineer....but I think it is pretty plain to see by the graph, the reason for the bad loop and it has nothing to do with SWiSH because SWiSH does not edit the sound. You need to trim your sound file and when you use the fade out feature, make sure you do not encompass the entire file, just the last part of it... otherwise you end up with an issue like this.

Ms Pamela

Oh! I'm sorry! I thought you were talking about a different sound... I'm so dumb sometimes. It seems that I already took out the loop that was giving me problems. You see, there was a sound looping while the movie loaded and there was a gap in that one. The problem was too much for me to deal with at the time so I just got rid of it. And honestly, I don't really miss it. I'm sorry for the confusion. All is well.

Thanks for checking me site.

i think geo has corrupted your swf (it happens) none of your controls work for me.