A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930

Thread: Open battle. FK Pixel Town

No new additions in over a month. This thread is dead.

If you want to revive it all you have to do is drop another addition in there, dude. This thing has just gotten to big for me, personally. Both the dimensions of the image and the file size take it beyond what I like to work with. A meg per image is just insane.

If we desperately want something that would be suitable for the FK calendar then we could start up a new one or continue with this one, but either way I would personally need to have the canvas split up into smaller sections before I would want to participate again.

That's just my take on it.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

you know if you guys did a collaborative effort to design in a Flashkit Pixel Town for the cover of the 2007 Calendar,i think that would go over really really well. Plus i bet a bunch more people would buy it

Quote Originally Posted by RUSHVision
    Both the dimensions of the image and the file size take it beyond what I like to work with. A meg per image is just insane.

If we desperately want something that would be suitable for the FK calendar then we could start up a new one or continue with this one, but either way I would personally need to have the canvas split up into smaller sections before I would want to participate again.

That's just my take on it.
    Agreed. I think splitting it into 4 parts would be wise. We could post them using the image tags like this:

[*img]...[/img][*img]...[/img]
    [*img]...[/img][*img]...[/img]

How would you want to split it? In fourths or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by lefteyewilly
    you know if you guys did a collaborative effort to design in a Flashkit Pixel Town for the cover of the 2007 Calendar,i think that would go over really really well.
    Ive been saying that forever

Here is how it can work: I divided the image into four equal sections (each filesize is roughlu between 150 and 300 kbs).

If you put two wide images (split in half, the images are 1404 pixels wide each) on the same line,
    it will automatically send the second one to the following line and messing up the whole image

To fix that, I made a thin 2808 pixel wide image so it is as wide as the campus (it is all yellow right now so you can see it) that gets put in with the images.
    This makes it so an image wont get sent to the next line as long as the two images on the line are less than or equal to 2808.
    Last edited by Dricciotti; 02-16-2009 at 01:49 AM.

Nice work Dric. I like the idea of having it seperate. If this thread were to become popular again, several people could work at once.

The question is this: Do we continue this and build it up for the calendar, or do we start anew?

Here's another question...how are we going to post each addition? For instance, I don't want to have to post/host all four if I make an addition to only one portion.
    mrush

Just post the unmodified images from the previous poster. Might kill our personal bandwidth though...

Just rehost what you changed and use the pervious image links for the ones you didnt.

hint: if you click "quote" it will show the [img] tags from the previous image. Just copy paste that and replace the one that you changed

Wow

the first image from the last, is really a big difference, nice work guys

Just to briefly ressurect an old thread, check this out... http://lenser.spb.ru/pict2/panoram/pixelart.htm

it must've taken months to do!
    Regards,

Steve Richardson
    Adequately Average - It's Averagely Adequate!

This was fun. I had forgotten how many additions I had made to this.

That one you linked to is pretty cool, but it looks almost like it's unfinished. There is an awful lot of large blocks of solid color where I think there should be at least some attempt at texturing. Just a different look, I suppose.

A lot of cool things and other details hidden in there, though.
    mrush

Ours is pretty good, but its a 2d pixel map, and not the 3d kind. Nice find though.

-_-
    Wow! I forgot about this!

Just watching this collab. grow was really rewarding.

Maybe we should start up a similar idea, with some sort of twist?

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.
    Gerbick: America. Stabbing suckers since Vespucci left.

I agree with Rush, theirs is pretty empty. The thing i liked about ours was how crowded it was.

pretty good 3d work though