A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: "growing" objects...how can i animate this?

"growing" objects...how can i animate this?

i want to make these swirls (attached JPG) seem like they are growing out of one point....i was wondering if anyone had any tips on a good way to do this and have the result be smooth as ever.

thanks

ian
    Attached Images Attached Images
    werd

start them out behind a mask.... the full thing drawn out as it's "grown", then have it so it moves along a path, maybe, and gets larger and emerges from the maxked side, if that makes any sense at all? just do like... one swirly thing at a time.
    Might not even work... anyone else wanna try?

this is what i initially tried but i would love for the tips of the swirls to be small at all times....i think this is just one of those "its gonna take forever" projects....maybe ill just think of another way to transition pages
    werd

how about just shape-tween the tip of it. but u have to be good at tweening to make it work

hey cloud, try this: http://www.layersmagazine.com/video/growing-art.php scroll all the way to the bottom first to see what they're walking you thru

That Spaceship Guy...
    I like the shape tweening idea. I think if you seporated each swirl into it's own strand on it's own layer you could shape tween them very nicely. I'm not 100% sure though you might need to experment 1st.