A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: http://www.BirdInTheCity.com

http://www.BirdInTheCity.com

Hello Fellow FlashFolks,

Please check out my website and give me some ideas for improvements.

http://www.BirdInTheCity.com

Also, let me know if the back button functions correctly for you.

thanks,
    Brian

I realy like it ! Very nice animations! You should consider adding sound too

Suggestions
    - start loading imediately ... Enter site buuton should appear after you loaded

Good luck!
    Card Games - play many card games free
    Free Games many free online games

I love the site navigation. This is very unique from the sites I have seen in the past.

I particularly like the resume section, and the way it bounces in. One very small critisim would be that it looks a little messy when it is fading between two items on the resume section. Maybe would be better to clear off the previous by bouncing down first?? Would improve your site to have some subtle sound also.

Great work though! I love it

hey guys,

Thanks for the feedback and keep it coming!

It's funny that the comments that have been made so far are things that I have been considering! I really want to revamp the intro (especially since it was originally build as a flash detection system, which became obselete when Macromedia came out with their more robust version).

The resume page also needs revamped... I agree that it is a bit messy at times. Plus, if you quick the buttons too quickly, the script malfunctions... it's a bug that I can't figure out. I'll have to get on that...

As for sound, it's something that I've put a lot of thought into. So far, I have been unable to find any sites that offer a quality vending machine sound. I don't want to add it unless I know that it would be effective and not get in the way. At this point, I am somewhat against it, as it would also increase file size on already steep swf (around 650k). If anyone can recommend a site with good royalty-free clips of vending machines, I'll definitely give it a look!

Oh, and can you guys give me an update about whether your browser's back button functions correctly? It would be helpful if you could list Operating System/Broswer.

Thanks again for the ideas, keep 'em coming!
    -Brian Bird

lol!
    what a great idea.
    very well done!
    totally unique, two thumbs up.
    but i ask you...after clicking a link to your site, why do you make me click another link (ie; enter)...i've already stated that i wish to visit your site by clicking on it in the first place.
    i would encourage an opening animation of that first page that transitions into the candy machine or something there of.
    Committed to excellence through art.
    DarkEdgeDesign

Wow....i must say wow. How do you did it ? 3D? what program?
    How long have you been designing?
    Can't Wait to see the final work.

However, the content layout is not that gd. Man, i mean, make sth that matches your excellent nav.

Coming Sooooon!!!
    I hate spam in the [ Cool Sites ] Section.

Thanks guys! I actually did all the 3D work in 3D Studio Max and then I imported video into Flash, cropping it to the exact size of the moving image. So the whole system is basically just Flash videos that start with each button push.

As for the matching, it's definitely something that I want to address. I am trying to find the time to work on it again, but I've been pretty busy with "real" work. ;-) Hopefully, I find some time soon to do some tweaking... or perhaps even a major overhaul!

-Brian

Your stupid machin ate my dollar! yeah, Im hopping on the bandwagon...awsome idea, fun sight! I know it was mentioned, but I do not feel that the resume matches the rest of the site. That first box that pops up needs some work. I am a little slow, but it took me a while to figure out the only way to get all the way back was to click the machine.

So weird I was JUST about to post this. Saw it over at slideshowpro.net
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

one of the best navs i've seen in a loooooooong time.

Thanks for all the support guys, I appreciate it! ;-)