A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: .ai troubles

I'm having problems importing .ai files into swift...I 'm able to import older versions of .ai files from illustrator but then the file looks very strange once in swift...

I've also tried to export .ai's from flash but with the same result...swift tells me the file is corrupt...

someone suggested I should upgrade my swift...is there an upgrade without this bug?(if it is a bug...maybe I'm doing something wrong but It seems alot of people have the same problem)

any ideas what i can do?

Thank You!

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith
    Ior,
    just get the latest build from the customer only site. Just go to the help button on the main menu. This will fix the problem you are having for the most part. Regards, Bill

Wink

You can send the file to support@erain.com if the latest build doesn't help. Keep in mind that Swift 3D needs close-ended objects to be successful at importing your .ai files. Stray lines will cause a problem. Also, you will need to reapply your color when the file is imported into Swift. You mentioned that the file looked funny once it is in Swift. They often do look funny if you have overlapping objects because Swift starts all of the objects in the same plane. Therefore, your object will look like a composite of all of your intersecting objects until you reapply color and change depths.