A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: :: INVITATION #2 and another THANK YOU ::

Water is actually an AfterEffects file that came among many other files on the same CD. Sky background is a simple video file (FLV). You can purchase those things at quite affordable price wherever you go. They are selling them all over the net. The good thing is, in next few weeks, we are getting an AfterEffects guy, so no one will have to think of searching and buying of those things from some ouside source. Besides, mostly you can not even find what you are looking for... this way, we will have exactly what we wanted.

When I'm doing those things for some personal purpose, I never buy nor use those things. I'm trying to make everything myself. If I can not make something, I'm looking for some other solution... trying to go with some other effect or something.

As long as you work for a company, they take care of those things, so less worries for you... I'm just here to turn an idea into finished piece.
    :: ONLINE PORTFOLIO :: web site (Flash version 7 required, recommended screen resolution: at least 1024x768 pixels)

:: SASHA-Z-CREATIONS :: web site

Flasher
    Thankful, you should think about writing some Flash/graphics/web design tutorials. They would definitely be worth reading.

Agreed. That would be awesome.

Flasher
    Yeah, I could definitely learn a thing or two from Thankful...(okay...probably more than that ).

that's so CCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!! !

the city skyline is just sooo, pritty, words cannot describe
    This is our world now, the world of the electron and the switch. We exist without nationality, skin color, or religious bias.

Haha, thanks... To be true, I "killed" myself until I got it the way they (boss and co.) wanted it to look. At first it was the city of Toronto, but after that, they realised that they work and think globally, not localy... so I had to come up with some imaginary futuristic kind of, city with some buildings from all around the World... so we have some Toronto buildings in there, two from Hong Kong, one Chicago building, New York etc. Elevators, and lights at the top of those buildings, as well as little animated commercial at the top of red building are just small things to spice everything up...

But as always, you have to pay the price... so all those things uses so many system resources, so on slower systems, animation can lag sometimes, especially because of the water and sky animation...

Cheers !

EDIT: you can see here how it looked in the beginning...

Last edited by Thankful; 02-17-2006 at 07:54 PM.
    :: ONLINE PORTFOLIO :: web site (Flash version 7 required, recommended screen resolution: at least 1024x768 pixels)

How did you create the wavy effect? You know of the water.
    When you actually know what "OMG I have so much homework!" means, you won't want to be me.
    Xrave

Take a look at my reply number 41:

http://www.flashkit.com/board/showpo...7&postcount=41

It's not done in flash, it came along with hundreds of other effect on the same CD. It's done using Adobe After Effects, and there is no way to create something like that from Flash alone. At least not for now... You have to use some tricks to get what you want sometimes, so that's what I did... just like many other people. Using a video inside your Flash movie is so helpful sometimes...

Same situation with clouds too...

Flasher
    How about the shimmer effect you put on the badge in the 2nd part of the site:
    Small addition can be seen if you click ::HERE::
    (Towards the end, when the pieces are put back, after it sparkles.)?

Now That Is Kool
    When you actually know what "OMG I have so much homework!" means, you won't want to be me.
    Xrave

Quote Originally Posted by sportzguy933

You talking about the white band that goes across?

If you are, that is pretty easy. Make a box with a gradient on it:

Transparent -> White -> Transparent

Now, put this in a masked layer the size of the logo, and make a tween of it moving in the direction you like. Voila.

Everything is done manually... 100% from the flash. You make a mask, make a bliss effect object (graphics or vectors whichever you prefer...) and that's it...

Another good example can be seen here:

http://www.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?t=673011

Flasher
    Hey. Do you know of any tutorials on that?

Thanks,
    Sportzguy933

Well, I haven't found anything like that yet, I simply started to play with tweenings and that came up pretty much out of nowhere...

I could make some tutorial if I just have some free time, but unfortunatelly I don't... working on 3 different Flash projects in the same time, redesigning POP Peeper mail notification program, and working on those GUIs (Graphical User Interfaces) for avast! antivirus. When I finish all that stuff, there comes all those family things... working around the house, my precious wife, and many other things...

If I catch some spare time, maybe I'll finally do something regarding that... but can't promise anything. Maybe after all there is something like some kind of tutorial out there, but it's unbelievable easy...

Something just came up to me... You see the link I gave you in my previous reply ? Well, I sent all files including the source file to Planet. He said he will make it public, so people can learn... you just have to contact him about this... point his attention to this thread (your request) and I am sure he will cooperate.

Wow, you sure got a buzy life.
    Xrave

Flasher
    He hasn't PMed me back yet...

He hasn't PMed me back yet...
    It's only been a day. Patience young padawan.

Flasher
    Lol...okay...I was just wondering if the Admin PM's have been disabled again...

Flasher
    Nvm...I just checked my email . Thanks Planet and Thankful!

~Sportzguy933