A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: CGI Formmail

Wink

I'm trying to create a Flash movie that will allow people who visit my site to Email me from it through the flash movie.
    But I have no clue where to start or how to do it at all...
    I'm struggling and struggling but am getitng lost..please could someone help me? or perhaps point me to a very simple plain example of a flash movie that does this?

All help is greatly apperciated..thanks!

Brian Monnone
    Your email client is setup through you ISP, first off. All you should have to do is make a button with the Get URL command that would read:

mailto:me@yourisp.com

get it?

Sigma

Ok I didn't make my post clear, I'm trying to use a flash movie to Email me using a CGI form..using the sendmail command in CGI.

If I just do the mailto:me@yourisp.com it opens their email program, I don't want that.

I want it to send from the flash movie using the CGI.

I know its possible as I've seen it done.

And your wrong about the Email client being setup through the ISP.. I may be nit picking but the Email client is setup to access your ISP or where ever you have your Email account which in my case is the latter as I own my own domain and am using the Email provided there.

Brian Monnone
    Your right about the email client, I guess I worded myself wrong, anyway...try this link, it may help...

http://www.flashkit.com/tutorials/ad..._cgiform.shtml

Sigma