A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: unwanted looping

unwanted looping

Hello. I am a bit new to this program, but I am usually a bit better at figuring out the answers for myself. This time, i gave up.

This file should be a biography flash for a roleplaying character. I have a slideshow setup in it, which all menu items refer to, including some items inside the slideshow itself. Since the last update to the file, it has started to run through all slides continously and repeat instead of letting the user control where he/she is. I have attached the project file in hopes that a more experienced person can locate the issue and tell me what it is.
    Attached Files Attached Files

At the top you have it set to "Restart when finished", it should be set to "Loop when finished". Thanks for posting the source btw.
    BC

actually, it was originally set to loop when finished. that setting was changed as i tried to figure out what was wrong.

A slide show to Flash is like an animation and when played will loop repeatedly.

To fix your movie I would do 2 things.

1st set it to "Stop when finished".

2nd add a scene event of "Stop element" for "Slide show 1".

I wish i could say the ideas are working, but they are not. The stop element simply made it so the slide show doesn't move at all, but the outside continues flashing. changing the settings for what to do at the end of doesn't do anything no matter what setting i use. Also, when i was using a smaller slide show, it never changed on it's own, this is a recent event for the file.

when I set it to loop when finish, it works perfectly. I think your catch may be playing the old not working version, so try saving it as another file name. I attached the version that worked for me, it works on my computer and all I did was change it from "restart when finished" to "loop when finished".
    BC

After checking Conn's suggestion, I came up with the same result.

Just change the "Repeat when finished" to "Stop" or "Loop" (I recommend Stop because there is no need to Loop) "when finished" and it works fine.

There is no need to use the "Stop element" event.

If you're having problems I would suggest you make sure you're executing the .swf file you just exported and not an old 1.

Good luck.

A Senior Newbie - How Odd ForumNewbie's Avatar
    Hi,

If it's still not working, it might be worth checking if your copy of 3DFA is corrupted in some way. It might be worth re-installing from the www.3dfa.com website.

M.
    Please note that my domain has changed to http://www.morganmultinational.com