A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Edit Boxes Help

Edit Boxes Help

Hi,

I am making a combat system for an rpg game. Right now I am trying to just come up with some cool examples, and I have already started one. In the example, I use edit boxes for the health for my "guy" (hes the good guy) and for "badguy" (hes the badguy). I have it so that once my goodguy touches the badguy, an animation shows of a dagger hitting the badguy and a script running every 10 frames then subtracts one from the badguys health if the dagger touches the badguy.

I need to know how to, when my badguys health reaches 0, to make him "respawn" somewhere else with full health. This makes it so there will always be badguys.

Take a look at my game so you can fully understand how I am building this example.

I just dont know the code to give the badguy full health when his edit box = 0, for him to respawn somwhere else, and also to hide my animation too.

Thanks, it's hard to explain how my system works but once you check the movie out and the layers, you will get it
    Attached Files Attached Files

I figured out how to give the badguy full health after his health reaches 0, but I dont know how to make him randomly respawn somewhere else

Nevermind, I figured out the problem

hey if you figure out the problem you can delete you post btw
    BC

A Senior Newbie - How Odd ForumNewbie's Avatar
    Or better still, post how you fixed it so that it helps the next person

Glad to hear you were able to solve the problem, and sorry that none of us got a response to you before you'd solved it yourself

M.
    Please note that my domain has changed to http://www.morganmultinational.com