A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Banner help

Banner help

I lurk here alot decided to make ana account and ask a qwestion! Okay i am the gfx guy for a Css clan. I recently made a new banner wich i animated with image ready to fade between different versions of the banner.

The website for the example
    www.teamfate.net

but after i had mad the image i relized it was way to big (around 11mb). So I diddnt want to chop down the animation cuss it was perfect and would look like crap if it went any faster.. So i tried converting it to flash thinking mabey it would shink file size or at least load up faster than the huge gif... i was wrong (27mb) .. My qwestion(s)

1) I made the animation by saving a bunch of different jpgs and tweening them to blend in photoshop.. is there a way to do this in flash? bassically can i animate it the same/better in flash?

2) i seen flash banners with more animation then this and at a much smaller file size. What am i doing wrong? I think mabye doing the animation in photoshop might be the begining.

Okay guys, hopefully this thread was in context with the rules
    (yes i read them but i do tend to miss things)
    Thanx for any replys in advanced

and for easyer explaing:
    my msn msngr: Covenantcloud@yahoo.com
    or aim: arkenemy17 (give me warning not logged in)
    email: Dustin.fate@gmail.com

Anyone?

i just need to know how to blend tween two dif images..

ill do it for you just add me to aim or msn and send me all the images your useing it wont take me more then 5 min lol