A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Not feeling like it?

Not feeling like it?

Do you ever go through periods where you just haven't felt like taking pictures? I haven't taken out my camera and legitamitely shot for about 2 months. Anyone else ever have this problem, and how did you get past it?

Just sit and look through a bunch of photoblogs!

You'll either think you can do better or it'll show you that you need to improve, either way it gets you taking pics again!
    "Wah wah wah Dorothy Parker wah wah wah" - hanratty21

The only real way to get past this is to just pick up your camera and go take some pics....I personaly dont take my own pics I have a friend thats a photographer but when she cant get the shot just the way I want it I go out and do it myself.

Mom said "make me a Mod" el-Ignoramus's Avatar
    I made a resolution to post a pic on my DA account each day, can't tell you how much stress that puts on me, but I never leave home without my camera, and I take pictures daily, sit down, go through them, and I find nice things almost daily, take it with you, and stick to taking pics of something daily, start by certain tasks, Blue things, reflections, metal, rubber, teeth, shoes...etc and you'll find your inspiration in no time

take a look at my gallery, that also should help as Robb said, you'll feel you can do better -certainly in my case - or you'll get vibed to do some yourself

Yeah about the last week or two. But then I was at someone's house who used to own a black and white development business and has some of their own / client's work up and now I'm back into it - similar to Robb's suggestion I guess.

Design & Photography

Me, now.

I second el-ignoramus' suggestion: find a theme, and shoot nothing but that theme for a day, a month, whatever.

me now, too. we are in the middle of our four-week long winter, which means 55-degree rainy days. blah. and, we've got the new spawn in the house, so time is of essence. what to do...?...wait for Spring or force it!

either way, robb had the best advice.

Quote Originally Posted by robbmcaulay
    Just sit and look through a bunch of photoblogs! You'll either think you can do better or it'll show you that you need to improve, either way it gets you taking pics again!

Ah, these boys is all swelled up. So this was earlier...getting set to trade. Then, woooaaah differences.
    Blog ¤ Photos ¤ Book