A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Print Design Questions

Print Design Questions

I’ve done some freelance web design and print design work. As I do more work, I’m getting more referrals which is good. Recently (today) I did work for a person in an office that has many coworkers who decided they want the same design (print). How do I go about charging more people for the same design? What I did today was not charge for the initial design and then just charge everyone in the office a flat fee which covers the cost of the initial design plus some. Was this the correct thing to do or should I charge each individual for the design (each person had slight changes to the design)?

Another question is how to go about the printing of the materials. Is it correct to help them and have them go through a printing company (online printing service) or should I charge an amount that covers the printing and design? This would “look” better because I would be in charge of the entire process however, I don’t want to be responsible for mishaps with the printing company. Give me your thoughts.
    Thanks for your help,
    rb18b

i think you did it right by charging a flat fee. Although, i'd like to hear what the project was, as it confuses me about the 'coworkers'...

As far as the printing materials...that should be talked about between you and the client. They may have preferred printers, just like you do. I agree about being able to oversee the entire process, but i think it would be up to the client......

However, if I were you i'd talk to some local printers and see if you can work out a deal so you can get a commission if they get the print job. Tell the printer that you will refer all print jobs to them. This way you can setup a preferred printer yourself and get a little extra cash in your pocket for the whole deal.