A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How can I keep the dog away?

How can I keep the dog away?

This is the story:

we have a b*tch at home (female dog). there's this dog that is in love with her, and he always leaves his mark at our door: he pees there.

Though we've already talked to the owner (a neighbor) to please look after him when he's outside in the garden, and keep him away from our door, he always gives excuses "oh, I didn't see him, oh he scaped, I didn't know...."

My dad has taken extreme measures: spread liquids with strong oddors like gasoline and poison for insects to try to persuade the dog (basically thinking: well, the dog goes, smells, don't like the smell, goes away) and attach a plastic to the bottom of the door (to at least gather the pee), but the dog keeps coming.

My last resort would be to use the shovel and hit it, as over here we wouldn't get sued for that. But that'd be too extreme. Do you guys have an idea to solve this issue?
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar
    just smack it on the butt with a rolled up news paper. Of put a few stones in a can and rattle it at him when he comes into the yard.
    ONLY RON PAUL AND ALUMINUM FOIL CAN SAVE YOU NOW!
    annoy your politician fairtax.org, a political forum

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I hate dogs. I'd use the shovel, twice. Once to hit it, once to bury it under the neighbors roses.

you can get Rhubarb leaves...chop them up and put them in the dogs food (or treat). The dog or the owner won't realize what hit them as Rhubarb leaves are poisonous.

electrified door. *ZAP*

Quote Originally Posted by Ask The Geezer
    I hate dogs.
    Said the guy with a bat

Buch a cruel people in here...
    except for tglc.

Google is your friend.
    http://www.bugspray.com/articles98/dogs.html

play barbara streisand records.

im gonna go with the get a bigger meaner dog, and feed him steriods and have a dog fight to the death
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

Quote Originally Posted by admedia
    Said the guy with a bat

Buch a cruel people in here...
    except for tglc.
    Well, my other option was to use the shovel on the owner.

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyLittleCar
    just smack it on the butt with a rolled up news paper. Of put a few stones in a can and rattle it at him when he comes into the yard.
    the problem is, we are never around when he comes. I'll try one of those dog repellent things, I like the matt option: it shocks the dog when he walks by that'd be cool to mod adding more power. The owner would have instant hotdogs

About shovelizing the owner, well, it's an option, though we just can't. Our dog hasn't been an angel either. The neighbors warned us that we couldn't leave he unleashed when she's out, because she's turned aggressive (she's very careful though, she never bites noone, but destroy their pants).

I think that some oddor neutralizer would be a nice solution as well. I guess the dog keeps coming to our yard because it smells like my dog.
    Sponsored by your mom.

I was thinking in getting a snake and a couple of scorpions, that'd be cool, too

Of course, as there are some kids running around outside from time to time, they'd have to suffer the consequences, but some collateral damage is fine with me
    Sponsored by your mom.

Up here, you can't allow a dog to run lose. They are pretty strict now about enforcing it. One complaint, and the dog catcher is out after the dog and the owner with a stiff fine. You never see a dog running lose now.

Best law in america right now.

Up here, you can't allow a dog to run lose. They are pretty strict now about enforcing it. One complaint, and the dog catcher is out after the dog and the owner with a stiff fine. You never see a dog running lose now.

Best law in america right now.
    way better over here. Once, a couple of neighbors were passing infront of my house, my dog goes straight to the ladies' jeans, ripped them. The husband kicked my dog to defend his wife. I pushed the guy, almost got into a fight. Finally, from his door he screams "you better take care of your *****" and I replied "yeah, sure, you better take care of yours too". Violence and verbal assault is the best way ...good thing suing isn't common over here.
    Sponsored by your mom.

Few people realize that dogs are just wolves in sheeps clothing. If a dog runs away, he will go wild and form up with a pack. When I was a kid back in the 50's, there were a lot of wild dog packs running lose. I was once tree'd by a pack of wild dogs for several hours. A farmer saw it from his tractor and came to the rescue with his 22 rifle he kept on the tractor for rabbits and crows. And this was less than a quarter of a mile from my house.

Wild dog packs are dangerous and destructive. They attack people, sheep, cows, anything they can bring down for food. My story made the local TV station news and that weekend there were people riding around the whole county in the back of pickups with their shotguns and rifles. There were a lot of lose dogs killed that weekend and some serious laws enforced.

Cats are just as bad. You can't put a cat on a chain in the yard, but they do a lot of damage too. Last year, this state just allowed the trapping of feral cats. Already it's having a difference. We've been living here for 10 or 11 years now, it's in the country, and you would expect to hear birds outside. I have never heard a bird around here until this fall, when some birds are coming back. I love cats, but I love birds too. Cats ought to be kept indoors and not allowed to run loose just like dogs.

get your dog spade. bb gun through a window will also work after being popped a couple of times it will learn but wont get truly hurt either. lol unless you wait for the leg hike to shoot him
    ------------------

Sometimes we are the windshield. . . But, most of the time, we are just the bug. (c;
    My cycling themed designs Pats Design Portfolio

Few people realize that dogs are just wolves in sheeps clothing.
    So are people. Dogs are no different than people really. They will behave the way they are raised.

But back to argonauta's problem. I say let the neighbors dog mate with your dog... he will lose all interest and probably not come around anymore

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

So are people. Dogs are no different than people really. They will behave the way they are raised.
    That's pure hogwash. Dogs will revert back to a wild state if not kept around people. They don't think or reason, and given a choice, they would much prefer running lose. Dogs and cats don't need humans to survive, and they know it.

Dogs will revert back to a wild state if not kept around people.
    So will people. Hell people go to a wild state in packs and even around other people.

All my dogs have always been far to lazy to go out on their own for food. they are also quite fond of me.

Your dogs are fond of you because of the constant reinforcment of their training and the food you give them. Your dogs are lazy, but not all dogs are, otherwise there would be no runaway dogs.

So will people. Hell people go to a wild state in packs and even around other people.
    That just makes people like dogs, not dogs like people as you suggested. Removed from the environment of living with people, dogs will easily revert to a wild state, while very few people will or even can.