A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Working with .NET ... help!

Working with .NET ... help!

Hey all. I'm pretty new to flash programming and to this board so bear with me if the answer is obvious.

I have a piece of hardware that is controlled by drivers specifically written for the Microsoft .NET Framework. However, I need to get a Flash Frontend working with it. Does anyone know of any documentation or resource that has gone over this problem? If anyone with experience on this subject is out there, please help! THANKS

I am not an expert
    well to communicate flash and .Net u need to install flash remoting. after doing that u will abe able to communicate flash and .net each other. I haven't worked much on this but few months back i did some research on this and found that flash need the flash remoting component to communicate with .Net Framework.

hm how bout just using flash to call DLL files?

I am not an expert
    flash can not call dll files directly as far as i know. but if u need flash to work on the front end and don't want to mess up with many other technology then u can use

flash-javascript-Aspx

flash work as frontend and aspx page work on backend with database if required and javascript will work as a bridge btw flash and aspx

thanks for the quick replies psb! it's already setup as flash - php - mysql. php has an extension called w32api that is supposed to be able to call windows DLLs but they stopped supporting it a while ago and older versions are very unstable.

FK Slacker
    Is this for online, or standalone?

If it's a standalone, you can use a 3rd party tool like Zinc to allow Flash to communicate with a DLL...

http://www.multidmedia.com/

K.

Yes, it is stand-alone, but I have close to nothing of a budget, but I will give the free version a try. Worse comes to worst I will have to implement ASP and use that to communicate with the DLL, which should work but will take some time for me. Additionally, the flash->php->mysql setup is already complicated enough... I wouldn't want to add Asp to the mix >=/ Thanks for all the replies so far!