A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Basic 'sound' help!

Basic 'sound' help!

hey,
    i created a small music player on my site, with a next previous and stop button...

the next button just has "goto next frame"

the previois "goto previous frame"

and the stop "goto a blank frame"

and i just have the songs droped into their own layers in 1 keyframe with a stop action so it just plays the song when it hits it...

i have 8 songs on the player and i cant do it this way becuase it just makes the SWF file like HUGGGE.... so i need a way to stream it...

i tried using the little stream function that it provides you at the bottom when you select your sound, but itd oesnt seem to do anything, do i need to use any AS to input a value for where the file is located and load it externally?

then, how do i get it to goto the next frame after that song is finished playing? Should i just put a timer on the frame that the song is located on

if {
    (timer==460)
    gotoAndPlay(nextframe)
    }

something like that? im not sure im just learning...

:-XX

thank you!!!!!!! flashkit pwns.

no love eh?

its gonna be huge unless u use flash's progressive streaming capabilities. In other words to stream u are gonna have to use the netStream, netConnection objects etc.

If you like you can download my free xml-driven mp3 player at http://www.flashmatics.co.uk/blog/?p=10

and play around with it and check the code out to see how it all works!! Its too big a subject to talk about in a post maybe u should so a few googles for more information as well...
    Last edited by silentweed; 03-01-2006 at 03:51 PM.
    Flashmatics | Flashmatics Library (free downloads)
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Latest Projects:
    The Dead Room | Are You Smarter | Prison Break (Frame A Friend) | Beck's Fusions | The 24 Experience

-----------------------------------------------------
    Flash Certified Developer