A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: can you change the bg of a pop-up?

can you change the bg of a pop-up?

hi

i am making an xml photo gallery. I can open the images into a new window by passing the following properties to some actionscript;

does anyone know how to change the bg of the pop-up. my movie bg is a colour but the pop bg is white. I have tried adding bgcolor = 'cc0000' but it doesn't seem to work.

any tips would be great. thanks.

on (release) {
    address = "http://www.test.co.uk/test/images";
    target_winName = "Gallery";
    width = 496;
    height = 645;
    toolbar = 0;
    location = 0;
    directories = 0;
    status = 0;
    menubar = 0;
    scrollbars = 0;
    resizable = 0;
    openWinCentre(address, target_winName, width, height, toolbar, location, directories, status, menubar, scrollbars, resizable);
    }

create a stage sized movie clip to use as a background mc and use the Color object to dynamically change it's colors. Or use Ladislav Zigo's tweening class's colorTo, colorTransformTo methods to change the color. http://laco.wz.cz/tween/ i find it's a little easier to use than the Color object personally...

Then you just need to set the background mc to resize according to the image size/window size. you can use a Stage listener and the onResize method
    Please DO NOT PM me simply for individual help. Post in the public forums...that's what they are for, and they allow others to benefit as well. - Thx
    OS X 10.3.9 || Flash MX04 Pro
    | del.icio.us || furl || Helpful Source Files || Free Pixel Fonts |