A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Loading a WMV dynamiclly

Loading a WMV dynamiclly

I found this nice movie player here (http://www.flashkit.com/movies/Anima...8184/index.php) But can anyone help me get it so I can load the movies dynamiclly rather then actually in the flash movie? Thank you.

Not really Fat... or a Cat ^_^
    Hi Shawn:

In order to load movies dynamically, you need to convert them to flv files or embbed them into another swf first.

Flash can only load flv, swf and jpg at runtime

Hope this helps
    What are you going to do about it?... There's gotta be people for everything --Joan Manoel Serrat

ok i have a flv now what?

P.S. Thank you.

In the frame you want the movie to play put something like this:
    Code:
    stop();
    this.createEmptyMovieClip(my_movie_mc,1)
    this.loadMovie("your_file.flv",my_movie_mc);
    The movie will load at the top left corner of your main movie, if you need to reposition it, try:
    Code:
    my_movie_mc._x = aa;
    my_movie_mc._y = aa;
    where aa is the number of pixels you want to offset the movie by.

--Hope this helps
    What are you going to do about it?... There's gotta be people for everything --Joan Manoel Serrat

when i do this i just get a blank screen. If i have it load a picture that works. So maybe it isn't playing the video. It downloads it though as I can see activity rightaway. Another thing it does is it puts it self on top of everything. Any ideas?

Hi Sawn:

Well... it should play, so maybe it's a problem with the flv file itself.

You can try making a swf instead of the flv, other than that... all I can think of, are the settings used to make the flv... so it's back to square one.

As for being on top of everything, yes... its's in a level above the main movie, but you can fix it like this:

At this moment you are creating an empty movie clip on the fly, because you don't have a place to load your flv into, all you need to do is create one container beforehand and arrange as you like.

On your main timeline make a new layer for your movie, at the level you are most plased with, then on the frame you want the movie to appear make a new empty keyframe.

Use insert>new symbol and choose movie clip (don't forget to name it)

Go back to your main timeline and in the key frame you created, drag the mc you just made, since it's empty all you get to see is the registration point, use it to arrange your layout, if this is too difficult, you can put a rectangle the size of your movie in the empty mc... be sure to delete it before the next step.

Give this empty mc an instance name in the propierties panel (like new_try_mc) and in the Keyframe where you put this mc type this code:
    Code:
    this.loadMovie("your_file.flv",new_try_mc);
    This should do the trick.

---Gambare!!
    Last edited by FatCat; 03-02-2006 at 10:38 PM.