A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More problems with my Interactive CD

ok... I think i've got a different solution that has worked everytime now the only problem is I can't remember how to stop the scroll bar from scrolling up or down after the text has finished..... this day isn't getting any better.

Christopher Mitchell
    "All men are equal. All men, that is, who possess umbrellas."
    E.M. Forster

Ok also getting another strange problem.... the text on some of the movies is cutting off after a certain length? Why is this happening? Do I need to give it exact lengths of the text?

Christopher Mitchell
    E.M. Forster

FK's Official Mac Hater jasonsplace's Avatar
    I'd guess that it is cutting off because you have dynamic text boxes that don't wrap text and they are smaller than the amount of text. If this is the case then you need to wrap the text or make the box bigger.
    Jason L. Wright
    I'm not that hard to imitate. Just make some random negative claim at Apple or anything else for that matter and then have nothing to back it up.

Hi Jason,

I know this seems like a big ask, but I am seriously stuck here.. Would there be any chance of being able to send file to you to have a look at as I cannot figure out what i'm doing wrong (i've learnt a hell of alot from this but now I am completely stuck and I can't see what i'm doing wrong

I don't think that I will be allowed to upload it to here unfortunately because of its size, though I can upload it to a server that the company I work for uses and can give you an address to download it from...

Thanks in advance

Christopher Mitchell
    E.M. Forster

Go ahead and send them. I have Flash 8 though so unless you have at least Flash 7 I won't be able to send the edited files back.
    Last edited by jasonsplace; 03-15-2006 at 07:56 PM.
    Jason L. Wright
    I'm not that hard to imitate. Just make some random negative claim at Apple or anything else for that matter and then have nothing to back it up.

I'm using Flash MX not the latest version tho Will you be able to back save? I'm also working on a PC environment not Mac... Thats probably a problem lol

This is not my week.....lol

Also I apologise in advance for the state of it I've been working with the production manager on this job and he had a go at "helping" me... Also the client was far to involved!

I have uploaded the files to:

www.copydirect.co.nz/test

The two files are:

http://www.copydirect.co.nz/test/sex...nteractive.fla

I hope that you can help Jason, i'm completely stuck with what to do next

Thanks for all your help in advance mate...

Christopher Mitchell
    E.M. Forster

I can look at it but MX2004 is the oldest version that 8 can save to. You can say that today is your day though cause if you were using a Mac I wouldn't help you.
    Jason L. Wright

lol well i'm not using a mac fortunately.... Thanks for looking at it though Jason, I just dunno what to do now, as the production manager is breathing down my neck to get this done and shipped to Australia for duplication... typical really!

Christopher Mitchell
    E.M. Forster

I looked at it and I solved one problem. The text: "Algorithms for evalutaion and... treatment" is on the next line. Make the text box a bit wider and that problem is solved.

I can tell that it isn't functioning very well but can't really tell how it's supposed to function. Maybe we can look at specific problems if you can point some out.

Another thing that I noticed is that on my screen the text on the side menu is almost unreadable. I am using 1280x1024 as my resolution.
    Jason L. Wright

Thanks for having a look Jason, I know it looks a bit mental... Its meant to have the menu on the side to select the text (that is from a pre-designed datasheet, which is printed) that opens in the window and then can be scrolled. The button at the bottom saying view PDF is meant to make the PDF of that subject open (using the topmost program). The view all PDF's is a custom made PDF of all the pages in correct order for printing by the user when needed. The Web button is to open a website (that isn't ready yet, funnily enough). After pressing one of the buttons, I need to have the button highlighted so that the user can easily tell where they are (programming for the lowest common denominator, or the most stupid, whichever you prefer).

I know it's extremely messy and looks a bit crappy... I got "help" from my boss and it all went downhilll and got very messy.

The reason the text is all movies, is that I followed an online Tutorial for the scrollbars and it recommended all the text be in movie form for scrolling.... now if I need to get them back from being movies, I will have to cut and paste and sort it out into the normal text again.

Thanks again Jason.

Christopher Mitchell
    E.M. Forster

Hi Jason,

what i'm going to do is make all the text dynamic again, then I will be able to try to make the scrollbars work better.. Then its just working out how to make the scrollbars work...

thanks again Jason

Christopher Mitchell
    E.M. Forster

I've done something right but I now still can't get the text to scroll or respond to the scroll bar

I've uploaded the new file to:

www.copydirect.co.nz/test

the file is sexualhealthinteractive test.fla

buggrit its getting annoying now

Christopher Mitchell
    E.M. Forster

Oh well, the jobs been taken away from me now so no need to worry about it now.. lol someone elses problem... Thanks for all the help Jason.

Christopher Mitchell
    E.M. Forster