A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: A FlashKit makeover Plan Suggestion...

Writer and E-Music Hobbyist Cemrin's Avatar

A FlashKit makeover Plan Suggestion...

Hi there,

I was thinking of a new addition that you guys could develop for the FlashKit interface....

As a graphic designer and sound loop artist, I was thinking of the following suggestions to put on FlashKit:

1) A Flash Intro/Welcome page.... (A page with animation+sounds, which automatically sends you to www.flashkit.com after its done)

1++) Vocoded voice saying "Welcome to FlashKit". after the intro page.

2) Bring back the Weekly Poll.... I love that when we had an "extra" say on stuff to do with the site and other stuff.....

Just thought I would suggest that to you...
    "Music is the swirl of invisible light that bonds and seperates the world..."

Thank you Cemrin. I to miss the weekly poll. I had fun doing and seeing the results afterwards so lets get some more opinions on that.

When you say an Intro page, do you mean in lieu of the home page?

The voice thing is kind of cool but my personal belief is that its more a novelty and also a matter of preference, some folks like it and others don’t.

Again, thank you for the feedback!

No, what I mean is:

1) Somebody types www.flashkit.com

2) A page opens with an intro animation.... and then exits to blue (Flashkit's logo color)

3) Then, www.flashkit.com/index.shtml opens.

So what I really mean to say is, no not in lieu of the page, but have some sort of intro animation before going to the Flashkit home page....

And about the voice addition...... no problem... it was just something I thought maybe would "spice" things up a bit

Cemrin

Cemrin, make a flash intro for FK then play it for yourself everytime your about to come to flashkit.com

SAMedia Blog (general bs) :: jwinmedia (my music site)
    "Think of an advertisement where the product you're marketing is Jesus!"
    -From a work for hire ad

no offense Cemrin....but webpages with splash pages are frowned upon nowadays. It's just pretty fluff that distracts and most of the time annoys users. Even if htere is a 'skip intro' button, it still doesn't work well, especially for sites that are meant to help.

There are some instances where splash pages may work...which are mainly web designers portfolios and movie/game/artistic websites.

Hope that helps.

Thanks guys... and no offense taken.... I just thought it would be a nice suggestion for FlashKit. And thank you for your adivce Lefteyewilly -- as a graphic and aspiring web designer, its great to know that.

Once again, no offense taken... and thanks for the advice, everyone.

Cemrin

cemrin, this isn't rubbing it in, but someone just posted this in the coffee lounge and you might want to just take a look on what standards are nowadays for flash web designers:
    http://www.twod.co.uk/2006/03/02/21-...sed-site-suck/

Just thought I would point out there is a difference between 'splash page' and 'intro'. I think Cemrin was talking about an animated intro, not a splash page. A splash page is usually just a static page with a graphic, site requirements and a click here to enter button.

Yes, thats exactly what I was talking about... its an intro page, and not a splash page...

Hey, and lefteyewilly, your not rubbing it in, and your not hurting me in any way. I rather would like to thank you (again) for your advice...

i think they do need a make over
    The Nikon Alliance Show those 'Canon' nerds who's boss, join today!

The site was just redesigned and launched a month ago.