A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NJP3 vs. Alexp2 :: A Battle of Brothers

NJP3 vs. Alexp2 :: A Battle of Brothers

Ok guys, i know this has been done before by the goth twins, and dont expect this to be nearly as long nor as skilled as that famous battle, but my brother (alexp2) has been around for a while just not a big poster. But he is a Flash master and photoshop bada$$. And I havent been active in the arena in a loong time. So we are gonna do what I think is gonna be a great matchup... I'm the artsy one, hes the technical one, I design by eye, he designs by whats exact..

Rules:
    Must use portion of previous image
    Image Size: 750x450
    Rotation: Yes
    Turnaround: not too strict

This might not get up to full speed depending on my college schedule, his highschool schedule, and March Madness being in full swing. However, expect to see a serve up shortly.

Im looking forward to seeing both of you post

good luck

sounds interesting...

Good luck guys. This should be pretty good .

Since I'm the eldest, I'll serve first

Yes, the butt really does belong to me

Nice Serve NJP3.

I don't have any critiques, looks very good from where I'm sitting. Nice use of text too.

Keep it up.

...dishing dimes on an .fla! pointguard's Avatar
    Looks great...nice start!
    The text on the leather patch on the jeans looks slightly off perspective to me. Only very slight, (I'm just picky!)

*Looking forward to lurking this battle and seeing the future volleys!

Quote Originally Posted by pointguard
    Looks great...nice start!
    The text on the leather patch on the jeans looks slightly off perspective to me.
    It kinda looks like it could have been blended a bit better, but overall i like the serve, and can't wait to see what comes next

Quote Originally Posted by Dave-O
    It kinda looks like it could have been blended a bit better, but overall i like the serve, and can't wait to see what comes next
    It's because the font is too crisp, when it should be slightly blurred like the other text on the patch.

great, NJP3 just made us all look at his ass....i think the jokes on us.

I'm not sure if you guys will be looking for critiques, so i'll start off with, Great serve. There are plenty of textures and colors to build off of. That image leaves the playing field wide open.
    Now for the Crit (don't read if you don't want to )
    I aggree with the text on the tag. It was a really good idea, which is going to keep me lurking this thread, I love the details (something I tend to forget for my own ps battle work). I disaggree with where you went wrong with it though. I think that you did blur the text enough, but if you had applied a worn look to the text with either the burn tool or a colored brush(sampled from the leather) it would have been a beautiful blend. Some people probably wouldn't have even noticed it.
    I love the color. It has that country field worker type look to it. Not to bright but not to desaturated. I don't know if it was intentional or just the original image but it is a successful look and feel as far as I am concerned.
    I friggin love the text in the top left of the screen. I would have played with a dark brown color instead of black but that is personal preference. I would have uped the size a tad and moved it over to the right a down just a little but once again personal preference.

Overall great image imho. Nice and simple but effective. Now no more a** shots please. I want to be able to lurk this thing. (unless it is of sexy female butts )
    ------------------

Sometimes we are the windshield. . . But, most of the time, we are just the bug. (c;
    My cycling themed designs Pats Design Portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by lefteyewilly
    great, NJP3 just made us all look at his ass....i think the jokes on us.
    Bingo!

Pea3698 - thanks for the crits, totally welcome, to be honest i didnt spend too much time on the serve, was kinda anxious just to put something up, but ur totally right, looking back on it i should done some brush work on that text.

My bros should be up tonight i think...

Without having spent very much effort on the type, i fear that its not quite as good

Hanged? Don't you mean 'hung'?

Nice return Alex. You only have 1 post? Anyways, I like the return, but I'm not too sure about the text. I think you could have brushed the footprint a little more because I doubt all that muck would stay on the pants. Good concept though .

lol, hanged is the past tense form of hanging a human instead of cothes, as far as the foot, it didnt actually undergo any brushing. lol the amount that it stands out is what i was going for, it jsut could use a little work on the edges and the cracking from bent fabrick. However, i DO have very muddy boots lol.

Quote Originally Posted by alexp2
    lol, hanged is the past tense form of hanging a human instead of cothes, as far as the foot, it didnt actually undergo any brushing. lol the amount that it stands out is what i was going for, it jsut could use a little work on the edges and the cracking from bent fabrick. However, i DO have very muddy boots lol.
    Okay... I will try not to criticize next time.. My mistake on the tense of the word 'hanged'. I just read it and it seemed out of place. I suppose that is my french heritage coming through.

lol i am certainly open to criticism, and even i stumble on hanged every time i use it. lol

no, it's still HUNG....not william HUNG, but the image is confusing without the word HUNG, even if it's not proper english.

yeah, i didnt understand the "hanged" pun til it was explained to me either, but now that I know I like it alot... as you can already tell, alex is one of those super-smart kids.
    Ill try and return soonish

edit- lefteye, i think he used 'hanged' on purpose so as to make a pun about pants and owning me in a battle lol. HANGED is infact the correct tense for the definition: To execute by suspending by the neck: They hanged the prisoner at dawn.
    Last edited by NJP3; 03-08-2006 at 12:20 AM.

bleh, i still don't agree with it