A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Press SPACEBAR or ENTER to activate and use this control - eolas

The only way it works is if I use the full path, from http. Doesn't matter where it is, but it needs the full path. Without that, even with out the slash, the flag waves, but will stop and finish loading if I refresh the page.

Sadly, once again, it shows that there may not be a simple panacea for this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by toulouse2k
    Sadly, once again, it shows that there may not be a simple panacea for this problem.
    FSR is the closest thing to "simple" you'll find... period. Obviously there are people dedicated to nailing the issue in general ; o ). Get FSR and help evolve it, otherwise dont be sad... get into something else.

-Mike

Ah, forgot to mention last night. The generated insert code puts two extra lines, the ifIE and endif lines actually seem to comment out the middle line. I had to remove those too, to get it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by FSRv1
    FSR is the closest thing to "simple" you'll find... period. Obviously there are people dedicated to nailing the issue in general ; o ). Get FSR and help evolve it, otherwise dont be sad... get into something else.

-Mike
    I think I'll wait until all the kinks get worked out. I'm not up to paying $15 for a beta right now....I do that enough with Microsoft.

Ya know, even with the kinks, I like this one a lot better. There's a lot less code to load, and the js file that does load is way smaller than the other workarounds with one or two pages full of javascript.

Well, Mr. Geezer, that does mean a lot to me. I went ahead and bought it. I just hope I actually get it this time.
    Last edited by toulouse2k; 05-19-2006 at 09:41 AM.

hi just discoverd this problem today (im kinda slow)
    what program do you guys reccommend considering i only have 5 sites to edit and little knowledge of html and java? i heard about flashobject and one by macromedia which one is better?

does anyone have a link for the macromedia one?

There are two that are free. Both are MXP installs for flash 8 that generate the html page with the code on it and the folder with the js files in it. One is here;

http://board.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?t=684268

The other in a Sticky Thread in the Newbies forum.

Try Object Activator!

Hello,

I am using Object Activator to activate my objects:

* flash
    * shockwave
    * quicktime
    * realplayer
    * mediaplayer

Simple enter the input & output directory's and press convert. Object Activator does all the work for you ...

User support is really great !!!
    I am beta tester and now I am testing version 2.0, which includes FULL HTML protection...

Click HERE to download your version, and reactivate !

Mark

I tried out the Object Activator and it seems to work. I've already paid for the FSR ($15), but if that doesn't work out I'll pay the $25 for yours. At least you have a trial download to let us see if it works.

It seems to me, if these individual programmers can come up with this "button push" simple solution...why can't Adobe/Macromedia do it as a courtesy to all the people who purchased and use their software? I guess I'm just expecting too much.

why can't Adobe/Macromedia do it as a courtesy to all the people who purchased and use their software
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?t=684268

this is why i use firefox
    "I'd only told them the truth. Was that so selfish? Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free."

Object Activator...

Hey Toulouse2K,

If you have already another program purchased to activate your objects, and you like Object Activator:

Send a mail to the creator of Object Activator, with your order or invoice included, and ask him for an upgrade (I think $10).

Mark

Mr. Geezer...yes, it's true and I stand somewhat corrected. I have used this option with satisfactory results. It works fine for pages that contain only one Flash object, but in multiples it gets a bit cumbersome. I just got the FSR utility and it seems to work great, but I haven't yet tested it on a multiple Flash page.

mark_jennings I tested Object Activator and it seemed pretty similar to FSR. It did fail to create a .js on a loadMovieNum composite I did in Flash for 2 .swf files I made in Kool Flash. I haven't tested it yet with FSR, so the results may be the same. The Macromedia component, however, worked just fine in this instance.

Tidusen..I too use Firefox, but the vast majority of our site visitors use IE, so that is our problem not theirs. Sites browsing should be a seamless experience and it is up to the site designers and webmasters to make it so.
    Last edited by toulouse2k; 05-22-2006 at 09:10 AM.

I just test both FSR and Object Activator and both work well with multiple embedded Flash objects on a page.

Hi
    when it comes to html and javasript I am pretty illiterate.
    I downloaded the adobe mxp file for the fix mentioned in this thread.
    works fine, BUT
    how do I center my content in the page, both vertically and horizontally.
    the tech notes seem to imply that is the default, so salign'' should do it.
    It does not.
    I open the page in dreamweaver and there is no movie, so can't do it the old way I always did which was stick it in a table.

my page is here
    http://www.tossfad.com/
    please check out my source and help, its driving me nuts!
    thanks mark
    PS I made the site for a friend, its my 3rd flash site, comments welcome ;-)

Set the dimensions in publish settings to 100%, in the Scale dropdown, set it to No Scale and publish. That will center the movie on the page.

Quote Originally Posted by mgason
    Hi
    when it comes to html and javasript I am pretty illiterate.
    I downloaded the adobe mxp file for the fix mentioned in this thread.
    works fine, BUT
    how do I center my content in the page, both vertically and horizontally.
    the tech notes seem to imply that is the default, so salign'' should do it.
    It does not.
    I open the page in dreamweaver and there is no movie, so can't do it the old way I always did which was stick it in a table.

my page is here
    http://www.tossfad.com/
    please check out my source and help, its driving me nuts!
    thanks mark
    PS I made the site for a friend, its my 3rd flash site, comments welcome ;-)
    wow, a lot of code there. Throw your movie in a named div (blah) and write your css as follows

body {
    text-align:center;
    }

#blah {
    margin-right:auto;
    margin-left:auto;
    }

IE, unlike mozilla prods handle "text" objects as any object, which is wrong. The above isn't a hack btw, it just compensates for both. Of course in you #blah selector you can add text-align:left if that is your intention.

-Mike

Help - Re #34. What am I doing wrong.

Hi All.

I have followed the instructions as posted on #34 of this thread.

But when I try out the code...NADDA!

(NOTE: The "4" in the header text is clickable and activates a hidden code...I shouldn't HAVE to click it twice but the lawsuit w. Microsoft makes it nessasary now.)

http://www.dc4d.com/gallery2/users/DC4D/index.html

I have the 3 files in a folder called scripts. My index.html file points to it.

(I've attached the file)

Where am I going wrong???

Any help is appreciated.

Below is my source code:

----------------------------------------------

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en">
    <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
    <title>Welcome To ....</title>
    <!-- BELOW IS THE FLASH FIX CODE -->
    <script src="/scripts/AC_RunActiveContent.js" language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="/scripts/AC_Flash.js" language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <!-- ABOVE IS THE FLASH FIX CODE -->
    <style type="text/css">
    <!--
    body {
    background-color: #eeeeee;
    margin-left: 0px;
    margin-top: 0px;
    margin-right: 0px;
    margin-bottom: 0px;
    }
    -->

</style>
    </head>
    <body>

<!--url's used in the movie-->
    <!--text used in the movie-->
    <!-- saved from url=(0013)about:internet -->

<!-- LOCAL SITE: ORIGINAL

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,0,0" width="100%" height="100%" align="middle">
    <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
    <param name="movie" value="Upload_Files/Flash/shieldBlackToGrey_v2.swf" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#eeeeee" /><embed src="Upload_Files/Flash/shieldBlackToGrey_v2.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#eeeeee" width="100%" height="100%" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />
    </object>
    -->

<!-- LOCAL CODE W. FLASH FIX -->

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,0,0" width="100%" height="100%" align="middle">
    <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain">
    <param name="movie" value="Upload_Files/Flash/shieldBlackToGrey_v2.swf">
    <param name="quality" value="high">
    <param name="bgcolor" value="#eeeeee">
    <embed src="Upload_Files/Flash/shieldBlackToGrey_v2.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#eeeeee"
    width="100%" height="100%" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain"
    type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">
    </embed>
    </object>

<!-- BELOW IS THE FLASH FIX CODE -->
    </noscript>
    <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" >
    <!--
    AC_RunFlContentX ("movie", "Upload_Files/Flash/shieldBlackToGrey_v2", "quality", "high", "src", "navigation3", "width", "100%", "height", "100%" );
    //-->
    </script>
    <!-- ABOVE IS THE FLASH FIX CODE -->
    </body>
    </html>
    Last edited by davidhannes; 05-23-2006 at 05:34 PM.
    CD