A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any one got duel monitors?

The real question is...

Does anyone here drive a dually?

Last edited by admedia; 03-14-2006 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieSnMilK
    OK, i had to save to get my one 18" flatscreen monitor, two wouldnt fit on my desk... Where would i put my smokes, coffee, coke, ashtray, and all the other crap i keep on it. Ok my office is really messy!

And Neons? thats a bit over board dont you think? Id have pink ones anyway...
    19" LCD's are only about AU$350 for a cheap one these days. It wasn't that long ago I spent $2200 on a 21" Sony trinitron CRT (3-4 years? one of the guys in the office here still uses it) so $350 for a cheap one and $600 for a nice brand is a total steal. Even AU$1500 for a 24" Dell is pretty sweet. I'd almost get a 30" if I didn't purposely go for a non-SLI workstation for stability.

Quote Originally Posted by Markp.com
    I kind of agree... all that neck turning... I'm loving my 26" screen though... its the sex playing on my machine while laying down in bed... If I didn't need to get up to go to work/eat/shhhhh etc... I'd live there
    hahah, have you tried what i did when i got my 24" and gone to bed with a dvd playing from the laptop and flipped the screen 90 degrees so you can rest on your side in the sleeping position and still see the screen in a horizontal manner? heheh.. for when you're too lazy to even prop yourself up with pillows

lol, Yeah mine was $450, so its not the cheapest one, but hey it took me months to pay it off, i dont make much money at all, like $700 AU a fortnight, and im sharing a house, have dogs and kids, yeah im broke...
    Crystal
    Ban Software Patents!
    SuperGirl Blog

imagination through stupidity
    Quote Originally Posted by aidanmack
    Been using duel monitors for the last 3 weeks now. they are fab! really good for flash. have all my pallets un what not on one screen and the main window on the other.
    Anyway!...
    Just wondering...
    does anyone now how to make a screen saver appear on both screens? it only appears on the screen i have set to primary.
    anyideas?
    thanks
    Aidan
    windows right? if its one of those non-standard screensavers you may have to enable multi monitor in the properties of that screensaver (if it supports such)

all the standard windows screensavers work with dual monitors i believe.
    Nothing to see here, move along.

imagination through stupidity
    Quote Originally Posted by Markp.com
    I kind of agree... all that neck turning... I'm loving my 26" screen though... its the sex playing on my machine while laying down in bed... If I didn't need to get up to go to work/eat/shhhhh etc... I'd live there
    any pics?

i love my 23" cinema display.
    Nothing to see here, move along.

i`m happy with my dual LG monitors

Quote Originally Posted by CookieSnMilK
    lol, Yeah mine was $450, so its not the cheapest one, but hey it took me months to pay it off, i dont make much money at all, like $700 AU a fortnight, and im sharing a house, have dogs and kids, yeah im broke...

i know a quick way to make $40

Wow, deepcode, those LG monitors are SLICK! An XB360 would look nice sitting right next to them. I see the hidden XB box in the second picture . Really nice office, and great artwork!

Quote Originally Posted by deepcode1
    i`m happy with my shag-arific office.
    WAAAAAY too cool for school. More than the monitors, I am so digging the '70s mod-desk. Just retro enough to be cool.

RH
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

Got two of these coming next week. Can't wait. They replace my 17"s. And both show the screensaver.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824116375

A+ work, ATG. Viewsonic makes great displays.

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis F5
    Wow, deepcode, those LG monitors are SLICK! An XB360 would look nice sitting right next to them. I see the hidden XB box in the second picture . Really nice office, and great artwork!
    i decided to place the "old" xbox in the office for the other guys, so that they can relax and have some fun.

as for the 360: