A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Dam Godaddy.... I Need Help

Dam Godaddy.... I Need Help

godaddy.com has this offer where if you get a domain name you get free hosting, basically like registerfly.com . Well the only difference is that godaddy dont tell you that IT HAS ADS ALL AT THE TOP OF THEM IM LIKE WHAT THE HELL. So i call them and asked them about it and it cleams thats all of their FREE SITES. So this is what i want to do. I remeber back in the day there was a script going around removing ads off of your page. Is there anyway somebody could write a script for that or is it something i need to delete in the directorys???? i cant stand that shhhh... i rather them not had even have the offer if it was gonna be bootleg like that.

Bearded (M|G)od MyFriendIsATaco's Avatar
    for one, thats illegal, so i dont think it would be right for anyone here to post information like that...i dont really know, im not a lawyer or an admin. i just thought id throw out that point if you dont get any responses to it.

It's a long way to the middle launchpad67's Avatar
    Funny you mention this, because I have a huge GoDaddy account and it has probably 30+ free hosting offers. Well I never use them but last week I decided to use one...thinking it was a 'real' hosting account. Well it's exactly like you said, ads on the top of the page. Bogus, I wrote them and of course there's no way around it.
    This is not to bash GoDaddy, because they are 'The Best' hosting provider on the planet...period!!

Anyhow, so buy a real hosting account from them and you can do whatever you want! Their economy hosting is $3.95/month and offers more than you'll ever need.

the whole thing was to get FREE HOSTING.... i dont have the money to pay that.... also if registerfly can do it without ads then they can. Hell r.f. is MUCH SMALLER company than they are so i dont see the big deal.

The question needs to be asked. Why not just get the account at RF?

Have u tried hiding those ads using css? Technically u r not removing them so there's nothing wrong with that... They're just hidden
    Code:
    .hide {display: none}

then

<div class="hide">where the ad appears</div>
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

thanks, i will try this