A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash search.

Flash search.

Hey there, I think it would be a swell idea to have a flash search in tutorials and sound effects, searching is what limits me most when using flashkit.

AJAX would do just fine too, but flash could also create a lot of cool graphic effects.

What are your thoughts?

P.S
    I love the site, I intend to try and be more active, great work, long time fan.

I think it would be a swell idea to have a flash search in tutorials and sound effects, searching is what limits me most when using flashkit.
    What do you mean? They do have searches...

http://img115.imageshack.us/my.php?image=huh3ot.gif

Yes, but I find the current search a bit annoying. I also think that searching using flash might be a nice idea to implent

One question to both statements: why?

I find it annoying because it normally can't find what I'm looking for.
    A flash search would be nice because it'll look nicer, and I believe that a flash developer site should show some flash interactivity.

FK's Official Mac Hater jasonsplace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Inglor
    It doesn't matter if it finds what I want as long as it looks good.
    Go look at Windows Live Search. It's cool, it's in Ajax, it has some good ideas but ultimately they get annoying and I could never use it as a day to day search engine. They could do it in Flash and it would probably look cool but it would break the way that me along with other users surf the internet. You wouldn't be able to bookmark results, or open results in a new tab. It would just get really old really fast.
    Jason L. Wright
    I'm not that hard to imitate. Just make some random negative claim at Apple or anything else for that matter and then have nothing to back it up.

both examples can be done with a little javascript and a ContextMenu object...

FK's Official Mac Hater jasonsplace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Inglor
    both examples can be done with a little javascript and a ContextMenu object...
    What are you talking about? What can be done with Javascript and a Context menu object. If you are referring to open in new tab then it might be able to be accomplished but I don't think that JavaScript can open in new tabs since as of right now there isn't a standard for how tabs work. Personally I don't use right click to open new tabs. I just click with my middle mouse button/scroll wheel.
    Jason L. Wright
    I'm not that hard to imitate. Just make some random negative claim at Apple or anything else for that matter and then have nothing to back it up.