A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Load a movie into flash using a PHP file

It doesn't take 6 - 8 years to learn code, i'm amazing (if I do say so my self) at flash and i've only only been doing flash for just over 2 years, and I'm getting the hang of php after 1 week . Just don't give up and you'll learn faster than you think.
    ninjakannon

- My Website -

Your 15, and you probably drooled on a keyboard before you were 1 and probably take some sort of computer classes, so you have the grounding in it. Think about it, I was 9 before the very first 3 transistor hand held Japanese radio hit the US market. I was over 50 when I touched my first computer keyboard. Old dogs do not learn new tricks as fast as young pups.

Besides, I don't need to know it if Dreamweaver can do it for me in a few clicks. Time is money.

and you probably drooled on a keyboard before you were 1
    Hmmmm.... Actually I've never had any computer classes on programming or anything related - I started to use computers at primary school, but only programs like word. This, of course, gives me an advantage as I was at least accustoming myself with them.
    I am a totaly self taught programmer, I guess I have got 'good' so quickly because I have a goal and so I can work towards something.

Regards,

ps. This question again: to refer to a session by it's name do you say session_name('mySessionName')?
    ninjakannon

- My Website -

Geezer, I envee you. I'm not capable of finding the quick way. Not only with coding...

ninjakannon, I started learning actionscript when I was 20, and am now 25.
    But I did start working on graphics when I got my first computer, at late 16, immediatelly earning (but extremely little) money. So I can say I have been working for nearly 10 years...

But I'm just a kid too..
    Altruism does not exist. Sustainability must be made profitable.

mmmm... I often find myself being unefficient, mostly with homework and coursework =\. I think I'm getting more efficient now - well, with scripting anyway - as I know the usage most of the functions etc I need.

But still no answer to my question: to refer to a session by it's name do you say session_name('mySessionName')?!?

Just because I'm a teenager doesn't mean that I'm out spraying walls and throwing bricks, I acctually wanna do this!!!! :P
    ninjakannon

- My Website -

dude...you should go out spray some walls (with colours...no black). When are you going to do it? At 70?

I spoiled my teen years and have a big gap to fill now. All the stupid things that other people have already done, I still have to do. So as I was more mature before, I'm more childish now!

Anyway...
    I don't see why you should refer to a session by name, anyway as far as I know yes, you just need session_name() either to read or write the name.

But I've never, ever used it.
    Altruism does not exist. Sustainability must be made profitable.

OK, thanks keyone... The problem I had was with sending variables back to flash, I made a kinda stupid mistake and tried to sent more than one (I was loading the php file with loadVariablesNum) =\, I was gonna use a session and load more php files to pick up variables up from the session then kill it. Instead I'm gonna echo a simple array and split in flash, how simple .

I think you're going backwards: becomming more childish? Are you shrinking too? I'd watch out if I was you, make sure you don't find yourself crawling anywhere, or dribbling (unless you're playing football).

And unfortunatly I cannot find any spray =(. Maybe I'll go and buy some ... or maybe not?

ninjakannon

- My Website -

I spoiled my teen years and have a big gap to fill now. All the stupid things that other people have already done, I still have to do. So as I was more mature before, I'm more childish now!
    I think there's a burnout quotient also. Most people do not do the same thing every day for their whole life. They change jobs, move across country, try new things. If I had started at 16, I'd be out of it by now, doing other things. But, computer work is great for when your getting older, lot of sitting around in chairs watching a screen, something you can still do as you get older. Mostly tho, I started doing it to keep my brain active. So many of my peers just sit around, counting the years, waiting to die, cause they are burned out on it all. I didn't want that for me.

You're right Geezer, although I would like to do programming for well... a long time. I will not (or most likley not) be doing the same thing in number of years, although I'm just not sure how many. The thing is, being young I still haven't worked it all out and I still don't know what I would do instead...

Anyway Geezer, I hope you are not just waiting arround to die. And I hope you never will be.

ninjakannon

- My Website -

No worries there. But I've seen it in so many people, and long ago, saw it for what it was and made up my mind I wasn't going out that way. But most of my life, I worked hard jobs, so now that I'm semi-retired, it's nice to not have to do physical labor to earn a living.

But, I find AS2 very hard to get a grip on, since I have no background in any kind of code at all. I mean, I can look at all this php and AS, and I understand it, I just can't sit here and write it from scratch. And, I hate to type.

Hi,

about that session name question - you rarely ever have to use a session name in your script. Just put
    session_start();
    at the top (before anything is sent), use the session variables, and let php do all the magic behind the scenes. Also there is hardly ever a reason to kill a session - if you want to log out from something, mark the session as "not logged in".
    The session data will automatically go away if there is no more activity (usually for 15 minutes)

You do have to worry if you dont like the default session behaviour and want to write your own session module (e.g. longer lifetime, database storage shared across servers)

Musicman

Ahh right, Musicman. I thought that the session would be stored until it was killed, and I didn't want it to be kept forever. I was thought that to kill the session then I would have to refer to it by name, but now I realise that there you do not need to do this.

Thanks Musicman

Oh, and Geezer, I'm glad to hear it
    ninjakannon

- My Website -

You know the method you developed to load an swf file into flash via php, well I have used it and I found that the file I loaded in always preloaded, I cheked my tempory internet files and the file is not cached!

My swf file is not downloaded onto the users computer! I didn't realise that would happen This means that now I only have to have a loader file which is totaly awsome .

Thanks for that
    ninjakannon

- My Website -