A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: need some help on this one.

need some help on this one.

This is my first stab at trying to explain an As2 problem in text so bear with me

I am trying to figure out how to play one animation and then, in the same mouse event play another. IE (onRelease do this, then when thats done do this. ) I understand it isn't simple and perhaps depending on the situation there are different answers so I will try to be a bit clearer.

I have a movie clip that has 10 different animations on it that can be played via frame labels (5 sets, one over and one out each.). I want to play one when clicking one piece of navigation but once I pick another I want the prior one to play the _out label connected to the first animation and then play the next animation that correlates the navigation item pressed. This means that depending on which order i pick navigation, different out labels will play and different over labels will play.

I am trying to figure out how to make this idea work. Do I set varibales and use an equation so that flash knows not only which _out its should play but what subsequent _over it should execute? I dying over here!

Hopefully I explained myself alright. Any help would be useful.
    Thank you! -James

I appreciate that this is hard to put into words and im having quite a hard time understanding it. If you attach the fla i'd be happy to take a look at it.