A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: text not displaying using external file

mumbai. but now i m in jeddah,saudi arabia

text not displaying using external file

dear frnd

i m having one problem. i m not able to load variable from text file plz help me out. i hv attached the flash file and text file also plz help me.

Thanking you,
    sarfaraz
    Attached Files Attached Files
    sarf

Quote Originally Posted by sarfdesign
    dear frnd

i m having one problem. i m not able to load variable from text file plz help me out. i hv attached the flash file and text file also plz help me.

Thanking you,
    sarfaraz
    a couple things that may be causing your text not to show could be because for the dynamic text field (the square-shaped one for the "variable" variable): (1) the text (fill) color is transparent and (2) the font size is 0.6 (almost zero).

also, the code for the .txt files (particularly the code after &variable=) looks like it could be edited to work better.

in your movie, for your ourvision.txt file, when i remove everything and just have it say "&variable=hello &title=Our Vision", and make the text (fill) color as red and font size as 16 (in the properties panel), i see that it works. however, when i use the code in your ourvision.txt file (but keep the text color as red and font size as 16), i don't see the text anymore. so that indicates that maybe the tags could be fixed in that .txt file to make it work better.

hth
    Last edited by green.apple; 04-17-2006 at 05:53 AM.

mumbai. but now i m in jeddah,saudi arabia
    thnkz even i tried the same but it still same i removed html tags frm the file. Wat to do plz help me out.
    sarf

Quote Originally Posted by sarfdesign
    thnkz even i tried the same but it still same i removed html tags frm the file. Wat to do plz help me out.
    were you able to see the text after changing the content in the .txt files to something simpler as well as changing the font size and text color (in the properties panel) for all the dynamic text fields in the movie clips?

if not, i am wondering if there could be something else wrong as well that is different from the file that is attached to your original post?
    Last edited by green.apple; 04-17-2006 at 02:52 PM.

hi,

i tried working with your .fla a bit.

i went to frame 122 of the main timeline and opened the instance of the instance of your "symbol 143" movie clip with the instance name of "ourvisionwindow". Inside your "ourvisionwindow" mc instance, i went to frame 33 and (in layer 9) clicked on the dynamic text field and (in the properties panel) changed the text color to white and the font size to 14. I also clicked on the "B" toggle button to make the text bold and selected "Bookman Old Style" from the font drop-down menu

then, in your ourvision.txt file, i changed the code to the following:
    Code:
    &variable=<font color="#0099ff">3</font><font color="#ff0000">i </font><font color="#0099ff">Solution</font> <font color="#ffffff"> is geared towards competitive containment of today's economics and technology challenges.<br>
    Our business focus is to provide to the Middle East market with smooth transformation of traditional Computerization Components to an Electronic Solutions</font>

&title=Our Vision
    attached should be the results of these changes

hth
    Attached Files Attached Files